Is anyone else concerned about Airbnb not showing photos anymore until guests have booked?

Kaye37
Level 3
Kelvin Grove, Australia

Is anyone else concerned about Airbnb not showing photos anymore until guests have booked?

I once had a guy who tried to book and his photo was of him holding a bottle of whisky and sticking his tongue in his partner's ear.  I decided that he was NOT a suitable guest for my beloved holiday unit.  I am not talking about any sort of descrimination here, but if someone is wanting to stay in my property and the photo is like that then I think we should have the right to say no.  What do you think?

32 Replies 32
Smiljana1
Level 2
Gothenburg, Sweden

I don't understand - would someone even want to force in their stay with a host who would have refused them if given option? How is this pleasant for anyone? This new concept is just not doing a favour to anyone! We are definitely even more cautious and refusing more potential guests since we can't see guests' profile photos. 

Aremi-Digital-Home--Top-0
Level 1
Canary Islands, Spain

I see Airbnb different as booking. With hidden photo approach, they don't help to the not instant book. If Airbnb wants to be different to booking.com it has to have a different product. I see as photo makes guests and host more human community, or social network. Not like Facebook of course. But it was nice to let ppl know themselves before accepting or requesting. It is against the human, social friendly Airbnb family environment that Airbnb should be. Masks away. Show each other and choose whom will you feel happy as guest or host. My two cents 

J--Daniel0
Level 3
Geneva, Switzerland

I made several posts and discussions about this. You are totally right. On my case, now I certify that there has been a couple of people that I would not have accepted. I precise that I offer a cheap shared-room and I refuse to feel uncomfortable (or heaven scared, once).

About the "anti-discrimation poiicies"...Airbnb precisely discriminates us. Don't forget, indeed, that the travellers can see our pictures from the beginning.