Is anyone else's bookings dropped with the new airbnb update?

Kimberly316
Level 2
Hilton Head Island, SC

Is anyone else's bookings dropped with the new airbnb update?

I haven't been able to figure out what has been going on with my glamping site these last few months. I even paid to have professional pictures taken. Well turns out if you do a search for any of the main ( huge) tourist areas all around me I don't come up anymore at all 😭😭😭😭. I have 5 star rating constantly,no cancellations, no reason to just dissapear from the search. I went from being steady booked year round to barely anything. 

4 Replies 4
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Kimberly316  your listing shows up fine on both the map and search results, I've just checked it, but you are very, very low in the search rankings for some dates.  My theory is that this is driven by weather / seasonality (i.e. outdoor listings probably don't get prime placement in winter).

For just a general search for "Ridgeland, South Carolina - Homes", using "4 guests" and no dates, your glamping listing is 12th place on Page 1 of search results.  This is actually very good placement!  Your 'under the stars' listing is also 16th for the same search, which is excellent.

I would normally give a list of who your competition are and what their rates are, but.... I don't see anyone who has a similar offering to you.  You have a very niche kinda listing so I don't think competition is your issue.

I guess I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Airbnb did assure me that they added Savannah to my address so maybe that will help. Or it's just slow and I need to stop complaining. Glad you could find it though. Lol. I sure couldn't 😅.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Kimberly316  Sometimes these things are just entirely demand driven.

Entering some of your available dates, your listing appears consistently around #13 or #15, and that's even against a lot of the city listings in Savannah!  This is pretty amazing considering your little glamping listings are in the list against full on 6 bedroom mansions!

Kimberly316
Level 2
Hilton Head Island, SC

Thank you. I realize now I'm just fretting over nothing. I've never been through a slow period so I just need to not complain. As a side note McMansions are all to common and very boring here so maybe that works in my favor. Thank you and have a great weekend.