Is anyone experiencing a slow time in Revere Ma or anywhere for that matter?

Andrea1837
Level 2
Boston, MA

Is anyone experiencing a slow time in Revere Ma or anywhere for that matter?

I have been very slow...Anyone else experiencing this?

6 Replies 6
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Do a web search. Airbnb has changed the way it displays prices to base price only (without cleaning fee etc) on the map and sliders. If you have a high base you will never get bookings. 

Solution : reduce base, increase cleaning fee. 

Andrea1837
Level 2
Boston, MA

Hi Pete,

Thank you ! I  don't have it high but they do add fees to it but shows up after upon check-in

@Andrea1837

The website is unbelieavbly screwed up since they stopped showing total price - almost everything is under $80, but way over when you add in fees.  I dropped price from $80 to $40-50 and added the rest in cleaning fee with a 2 night max.

Its almost unusable in its current form. Who wants to go over 300 results that are all over the price specified. 

Hi Pete,

I totally agree.They just tell you to use the filters. Going to look into other options.Txs

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Andrea1837. It is slow in the Boston area right now. All the AirBNBs in my neighborhood, which are generally booked by now for the full month of December, have gaping openings in their calendars. If you take a look a price tip, you will even see AirrBNB admitting that 47-82% fewer people are searching than at the same time last year. I fear that AirBNB has allowed far too many mediocre hosts onto the platform, and travelers have become far more leery of the "sharing economy."

Hi Susan,

I am not happy and totally agree. I have worked so hard to be a Superhost and feel ...What is the point? if  I never can find my rooms .They have made so many mistakes if which they had to fix and apologize..I feel I need to watch them all the time to make sure  there are no mistakes..too many to count and always being told different things...I recently referred my friend to host...The button on the site  did not work for me to refer her. I did it  twice, so had gf call Airbnb to straighten it out..I received a message from Airbnb saying it was all set with the referal...NOW they are trying to not pay me. Saying when she did it again cause she had to make another account due to email was not reconized...I do not like what is going on at all...Sorry just venting. I was also told it was a slow time  but if you speak to another they say it is busy...well no booking so something is wrong...:( Sorry just venting. Have a nice night!