Is anyone hosting groups again

Catrina9
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Is anyone hosting groups again

We have bookings for groups throughout July and August. We made cancellations and haven't hosted since the Pandemic. Are people hosting groups again and what is your take on this now. Are we classed as hospitality with different rules. Its all so confusing. 

2 Replies 2
Catrina9
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I should add I've checked other properties similar size to ours and many of them are all booked up in July August for larger groups with a few spaces left. I'm assuming they won't be making cancellations so perhaps this answers my question 🤷‍♀️

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catrina9 Have you read the Scottish government rules? In England they are very clear and easy to understand. 

England:

• You can meet indoors in a group of up to 6 people or a group of any size from 2 households

Scotland

It all depends on the level of restrictions in your area - For West Lothian the following applies you are fine as long as you do not provide adult entertainment.

At Level 1:

• you can meet socially in groups:
    • of up to 6 people from 3 households in your home or theirs – and can stay overnight
    • of up to 8 people from 3 households in an indoor public place like a café, pub or restaurant
    • of up to 12 people from 12 households outdoors in your garden or a public place
  • under 12s do not count towards the total number of people or households meeting outside but do count towards the number of households indoors
  • you do not need to physically distance from family and friends in a private home
  • you can travel anywhere in Scotland in Levels 0, 1 or 2 but must not enter a Level 3 or 4 area unless for a permitted reason
  • you can travel anywhere in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands - before you travel you must check the travel rules in those countries
  • you can provide informal childcare, for example to look after a grandchild
  • up to 100 people can attend weddings and funerals
  • tradespeople can carry out any work and repairs in your home such as painting, decorating or repairing
  • you should work from home where possible

Testing

Everyone is encouraged to get tested, as around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms. Testing is free and results are available in around 30 minutes. Read guidance on getting tested.

What can open at Level 1

Places and business that can open at Level 1 include:

• cafés, pubs and restaurants
  • all shops and stores
  • all close contact services including hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons
  • gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools
  • tourist accommodation
  • all visitor attractions
  • all public buildings like libraries and community centres
  • all entertainment (apart from nightclubs and adult entertainment)
  • stadiums and events – with maximum numbers

What must close at Level 1

Places and business that must close at Level 1 include:

• nightclubs and adult entertainment