Is anything actually for hosts and is there any real support coming?

Anthony1083
Level 2
Darwin, AU

Is anything actually for hosts and is there any real support coming?

I live in Darwin, Australia and have just received my 3rd cancellation in 2 days. I have a mortgage on my property and Airbnb is the only source to reducing this mortgage currently. 

It sounds like Airbnb is “working day and night” to assist hosts but nothing is actually being done and judging by the amount of topics in here on the situation there’s a big need right now.

If someone would just like to shed some light on the situation from Airbnb other than “we’re working day and night” that would be great so then the hosts (the people that actually fuel your business) can receive some guidance on what’s being done. 

5 Replies 5
Ocean50
Level 6
Revesby, Australia

"Airbnb is working day and night to assist hosts" is a complete fault promise that you shouldn't consider it will ever happen. "Airbnb Host Guarantee" is a joke, "Airbnb Plus" is even more funny joke, and now this. I don't know how many times they have to throw hosts under the bus for us to realize they couldn't careless.

You might have a better chance on calling your bank and ask for a delay mortgage payment or some kind of arrangements. Because the AU reserve bank just cuts interest rate, print more money, the government is pumping billions of dollars and been advising banks to ease on small business and home owners.

And I think the best thing you could do is start looking for alternative for your business. Start listing in Booking.com, Homeaway, market your listing on Facebook, or print out your listing flyer and put them up on local shops and business. It's tough time and only the strong survive, so I currently do all of these. I don't know how it works out but at least I know I try my best.

Ocean50
Level 6
Revesby, Australia

@Anthony1083 

The admin delete my original post probably because I trashed Airbnb pretty hard. So the short answer is don’t rely on airbnb for help.

You might have a better chance asking your bank for some sorts of mortgage delay payment, the Reserve Bank is cutting interest rate and printing more money, the government is pumping money into the economy and advising the bank to ease on small businesses and home owners.

Joe591
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

It's about money. They simply don't care.

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

I have to admit, my guests have been cancelling as well and not for valid reasons even though they claim CV concerns. Some are cancelling just because an event got post-poned which in reality as hosts, we do not control guest's outdoor activities as we only give them a place to stay. This is VERY poor. AirBnB needs to examine the loopholes that guests are playing. Cancellation due to CV threats is one thing, but cancellation because an event was closed or because a wedding is post-poned is another thing all together.

Annette639
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Airbnb  acted unprofessionally towards me and I do not trust Airbnb anymore.   They screwed me over one time to many, i will be telling friends  and all  about how Airbnb is not to be trusted