Is it me or CS went really downhill for last 1,5 month?

Is it me or CS went really downhill for last 1,5 month?

Anybody else is feeling that Customer Support has a huge lack of trained personnel? First time for 5 years of hosting I had a guy (not mentioning hourly wait, which is new normal 🙂 ) who literally picked the phone and kept repeating that he will escalate case and can not help with anything. I had 5 different cases from 5 different properties 🙂

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@AZ-Housing0 

Cam I am afraid this is all you can expect from customer support these days.

I spent almost a year in support back in 2017 and we were specifically picked for our knowledge of the platform and our comprehension of the language we would be using to answer customer enquiries. We were offered comprehensive training and were given a considerable amount of resources to enable us to give a correct answer. Cam we were able to solve problems.

Here was my satisfaction rate when dealing with user enquiries.....

Customer Satisfaction 3.png

The company average in satisfying customer issues was 94%....we did our job!

This seems to have gone out the window Cam!  I ring up CX now and soon discover I know far more than the person I am talking too. All I get is a lengthy spleal about how grateful they are that I am a superhost and how much the company values me. I don't get any help any more.

Just yesterday I spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to sort out why my phone app wont work on Airbnb any more. The best offer of help I got was to un-install the current app I am using and re-install the new app from Google play-store. Guess what.......my phone does not support the new and current Airbnb App....I don't have the app on my phone any more!!!!!

Cam,  service has gone out the window with Airbnb to their traditional hosts, they are now pandering to their corporate managers, and mate, we just don't matter any more. Sorry but that's the way it is!

Cheers........Rob 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@AZ-Housing0

I’m surely you get this 🤗,

“Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns.”