Is it possible that a guest can pay before the host accepts the booking?

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

Is it possible that a guest can pay before the host accepts the booking?

Hello Fellow Hosts

I had a booking request from a new Airbnb user who took almost the full 24 hours to respond to my request for more details about their visit and confirmation that they had read and agreed to my house rules. In her last minute response she asked if I had received her payment because she had already paid. Does Airbnb really allow guests to pay before their booking request has been accepted?

8 Replies 8
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Daphne70, no, the payment only goes through once you have accepted the request. 

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

Thanks @Kath0, that makes sense.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

While Airbnb may 'hold' their payment, it is not debited. 

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

Thanks @Gordon0, a learning curve for both myself and new guest.

I recently joined airbnb. So  how does host receive the payment from airbnb once the reservation has been confrimed and paied for?

@Gordon0 wrote:

While Airbnb may 'hold' their payment, it is not debited. 

Sorry typo "paid"

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Noelle59  airbnb releases the payment to the host the day after check-in.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Noelle59 

Airbnb release payment to the Host 24 hours after Guest arrival, and payment then takes a number of working days to clear into Host bank account or whatever other method used to receive. 

It's worth taking the time and trouble to peruse the website 'Help'. You will find a lot of useful information. 

While you are at it, please also check under Profile Photos. You will need one to begin hosting on Airbnb.

Lastly, if you find that you are not getting many bookings, perhaps reconsider your price of £ 800 - £ 1000 per day. I have no idea of comparative prices for your location, but it's worth checking the competition.

Best Wishes.