Is it possible to change the cancellation policy for an existing reservation?

Greta29
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Is it possible to change the cancellation policy for an existing reservation?

Hello,

We are hosting a group for the Super Bowl in Minneapolis this winter. When I changed the pricing for those days, I forgot to change our cancellation policy from Moderate to Strict. We got booked right away for 8 nights at a high per night rate (but fair relative to other listings, I think). However, I am nervous that the guests might cancel if prices are cheaper close to the event and we will be left to host for a shorter time period and at a lower rate than the current reservation.

Is there any additional airbnb policy that I am unaware of for big special events? Is it possible to change the cancellation policy to strict and have it apply to a current reservation? I don't really want to have the guest be notified of a change, because it would probably make them nervous that I am doing something shady to lock them into the reservation.

I assume that I am locked into the existing terms that were in place when the reservation was made, but thought I would put it out there. 

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Greta29,

You're locked in to all existing terms that were in place at the time that the reservation was confirmed.

The article below specifically references the situation regarding changes to the cancellation policy.

There isn't any Airbnb policy for big special events.

How do I change my cancellation policy?

Steve.