Is there a way to ask Airbnb to add "location type" filters, e.g. "waterfront," "beachfront?"

Sandy318
Level 1
Northampton, MA

Is there a way to ask Airbnb to add "location type" filters, e.g. "waterfront," "beachfront?"

I am a homeowner with a little known, secluded lakefront property.  I've been listing on VRBO/Homeaway which has "location type" filters that I find helpful for folks finding me and for when I look for a vacation rental.  I just started listing my property on Airbnb.  Is there a way to ask Airbnb to add such filters?

8 Replies 8
Cathy175
Level 2
Marshall, MI

I would love for Airbnb to add a waterfront filter type as well.  

The best way is to keep asking for it and try to get other hosts to join the movement.

Lee69
Level 2
Maine, United States

Is it me, or do both "Oceanfront" and "Waterfront" sporadically appear as filters, and then disappear? Is this a bug?

Rona619
Level 1
Pointe-Claire, Canada

I don't think you're crazy lol!  I've been experiencing exactly the same thing and wondering why it disappears!!  I never even saw the option for waterfront previously, so I was happy to see the new option appear this year and now it's apparently fickle, so I'm guessing it's a bug, I would like to know also.

our property is waterfront, beachfront, and I check the box on our listing.  But when I go to the filter "beachfront" and do a search, our property is not included in that search.  How can I get this corrected?

I’ve the same question. Did u solve it?

Hi! I’ve the same problem. Did u solve it?

Same issue here, any updates?