Is there a way to have guests post their photos online?

Is there a way to have guests post their photos online?

Hi everyone,

For those who we have not yet met here, we are relatively new hosts, but we try to be active participants in the community posts. We have learned tons already and thank you all for your invaluable input, feedback and suggestions.

I have a question here that I've not seen in any threads and cannot find in a search, either on Airbnb or one of the leading search engines.

After getting some great initial feedback from our first sets of guests on what a wonderful time they had had, we thought it would be a good idea if we could set up some kind of central platform where they could post VISUAL feedback of their experience at our place, and in our area. Yes, there would be a bit of "subliminal advertising" in this, but we just thought it would be cool if we could have a page on a social media site where guests could posts photos and videos showing what a great time they had had while staying at our place. 

Some background: we decided early on not to link our listing to Facebook, but we were not against Instagram, which Facebook now owns. This is for a simple reason. Facebook has become very much of a political platform, especially these days, and so we wanted to avoid a situation where people we knew might start airing their angry views about something or other on our page, when we just wanted to show people having a good time.

However, we don't really see that on Instagram. My wife and I both have an Instagram account, and generally it's just people posting photos or videos, and followers giving a "like" or an occasional, neutral comment (which, in our experience, is pretty much always positive).

So, Instagram seemed like the obvious route for us to take. But here's the thing: because Facebook does own Instagram, it is now impossible to set up the kind of page that I was just referring to--which would have to be linked to our specific listing and business--without linking this to Facebook. I tried doing so for quite awhile this morning, and I did lots of research on it as well. Everything I tried and read stated that the only way to do this would be to open a business account in Facebook first, and then link this to Instagram.

Okay, so that's our situation. Do any of you have an alternative suggestions? We are not against purchasing a domain name, but we have read mixed things about how effective doing this would be in terms of letting the outside world view our guests' visual material--and that, of course, was the very reason we had thought of doing this in the first place.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Can you make a hashtag that people can share images on instagram with, that way you can see them and people looking for your hashtag will also find them? 

We have our listing as a location on facebook (so yep, a facebook page) and google, so people posting images on instagram can chose our airbnb as their location, that's another alternative maybe... 

@Solveig0 Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We did actually create a hashtag on Instagram and are considering opening a Twitter account as well. I never really had any use for Twitter before, but I've read some articles online that say that it can be a good way for spreading your hashtag and gaining some interest.

You mentioned Google. How do you use that as a location exactly (if you don't me asking)? I hadn't heard that before, but my wife and I both have Gmail accounts and are intrigued. 

Thanks again.