Is there a way to set maximum number of guests to 6 adults and 6 children, rather than just 12 guest

Jason306
Level 1
Falmouth, MA

Is there a way to set maximum number of guests to 6 adults and 6 children, rather than just 12 guest

Is there a way to set maximum number of guests to 6 adults and 6 children, rather than just 12 guest?

Our place sleeps 12 but is really suited for 2 families.  We have had problems with 12 adults staying there.  In the maximum guest field I cannot find a way to separate adults and children.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Do not know of a way, interesting question though. 

Manipulating the demographics succesfully may turn out to be tricky business. Besides, I have found children (outside of their smaller size), to be more maintenance than adults anyway. Why not make it a number between 6 and 12 that best fits your place, and then you won't have to worry what age your guests, or family structures they turn out to be? Lovely place btw, very.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jason306 HomeAway has this functionality however most adults struggle with seeing the breakdown. 

You could create two listings. One that lists your adult max with no mention of kids. And then another that says in the rules or in the narrative that the 12 person total is meant to be 6 adults/6 kids. Be prepared for lots of people to ask you to bend that count but you could try it for awhile. 

Hello I have the same problem. I have 2 beds but for kids (one for infant and one for kids under 3 years old.

Somebody just booked but they are too many adults. How do I do?

Thank you

Tam40
Level 1
Carbost, United Kingdom

I have just encountered the same problem- I have just got my first ever booking, and have made it very clear in my listing that we can only take 2 adults and 2 children maximum, as 2 of the beds are small child sized ones. The person has booked for 3 adults and one child. Is there now a way to specify number of adult and number of child guests?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Tam40 

I think your listing explains the bed situation well enough, but guests don't read.

Add to your house rules:

Max occupancy 2 adults and 2 children

1 - 5' x 6' double bed

2 - 2' x 6' childrens bunk bed

In any disputes airbnb will side with you (most of the time) if its in the house rules.