Is there anything you’d like to improve in your home?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is there anything you’d like to improve in your home?

Home improvements .jpg

Hello everyone,

As the hosting season is getting a little less busy (unless you're@Fred13) maybe some of you are taking some time off to relax or make adjustments to your home. Have you sometimes been thinking about maybe getting a swimming pool or knocking down a wall to create more space in your living room?

I think I would love the idea of having a fireplace installed and perhaps adding extra windows for even more natural light.

What would the improvements to your home be and why? Perhaps you're already making some adjustments to your home?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :-).

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

34 Replies 34
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Quincy, wow!  A loaded question!

A few more fruit trees to help keep the eagles away.   (Yes, that is a real sentence and this is a big deal.)

We're nearly done with the wires, but I can't do the mature fruit trees until Spring.  Some wires will probably stay until they (eagles) look for better territory, but it will look a lot more natural then...

That's pretty much it.  Love my house and the property. 

Can't wait to hear Fred chime in!  Does he have eagles?  (I can't tag him...yet... oh, this should be fun.)

Best,

Kim
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kimberly54,

It sounds like you've got your hands full with getting the wires done :-). 

Are you getting more things done in and around the house? 

-----

@Quincy, nope.  The house is perfect.  This is a TO DIE FOR house.

🙂

And the Housekeeping Fairy is visiting today!  Even MORE perfect!

Best,

Kim
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

We added new pictures last week and are currently getting ready for a renovation of the bathroom in our guesthouse in 2019.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Barry-and-Lera0

Thanks for sharing!

Did renovating your home take a long time? Also, feel free to share some before and after pics :-). 

Are there more things that you'd like to renovate or perhaps build? 

-----

@Quincy: The original renovation of our guesthouse only took a couple of months. That was mostly for soundproofing and the creation of a vestibule between our side of the home and our guesthouse. The upcoming renovation (2019) will be adding a washer and dryer to our guesthouse bathroom. There will be updated photos after that happens.

We will be doing a large renovation of the entire home and property in 2020. Since the money from Airbnb pays our mortgage we are able to bank most of the money that we make via our jobs.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Quincy   I have to say I think it's a little strange for an Admin for an international company to start off a topic with "As the hosting season is getting a little less busy".  Surely you realize that half the planet has a different hosting season to the other?

Aye @Sarah977,  we are about to enter our 'season' and when I saw it was @Quincy who posted (from way up north) I didn't have the heart to post this picture we took today from our neck of the woods at this time of year. 😄

sunny.jpg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Fred13, it's getting darker and darker every day here so I guess that must have affected me on this one haha!

Are you planning on doing some improvements on Bird Island? although, I think everything is perfect over there for you ;-). 

-----

@Quincy  You are busted!!  @Sarah977 is right.  Summer is my dead time. Now is the time I get busy.  I am in a location the opposite of @Fred13 's beautiful tropical island but the Southern California desert is just entering into the high season for all the cold weather folk to enjoy one of our 350 days of sunshine!

To your point about home improvements, I did totally renovate my guest bathroom in July.  My strategy is to allocate some of my profit for home improvement and take advantage of the increase in equity while using a tax write-off.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, Sarah got me there :-(. 

It seems that a few of us have been busy with renovating the bathroom—I'd love to see some pictures! It sounds like you've got everything sorted Linda!

Are you planning any more home improvements? 

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oops, you got me there @Sarah977—it seems I'm still human :-). 

-----

@Quincy  Just razzin' you. Of course none of us always manage to think things through before we say things. 

Yes Sarah.  This is a daily occurence for those of us in the southern hemisphere.  Amazon, Microsoft, Google and AirBnB marketing departments still refer to the world's seasons according to the northern hemisphere sunshine.

But there's quite a few of us who live south of the equator in South America, Africa, South East Asia, Polynesia, Australia, New Guinea and New Zealand plus a few more spots.