Is work collection / biz ready worth the reduction to moderate cancellation ?

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Is work collection / biz ready worth the reduction to moderate cancellation ?

I see the new and ever changing requirements mean I would have to go from strict to moderate to return to business ready / work collection.

- I have in 1.5yrs only had one business booking. 

- I have had lots of folks cancel, and in many cases done well on strict by collecting all or half booking and then attempting to resell the dates.

As ever, Airbnb doesn't seem to provide stats on how big the opportunity is, or what is the upside. The only benefit I saw was that the guest was more responsible since they were working, not partying. Anyone getting much upside ?

3 Replies 3
Joe555
Level 1
Homer, AK

Bump, same question.

@Joe555

After 2 years I can maybe answer my own qu

- I only ever got one biz reservation over about 1 year

- I have had many more cancels that I have collected on with strict. Last year someone cancelled 4 days over Xmas $400

so on balance strict policy seems better 

Kristy43
Level 5
West Moonah, Australia

Hi @Pete28 

For us, the strict cancellation policy gives us a bit of a safety net.... We have only had one or two guests travelling for business, the rest are tourists so it isnt worth the risk of changing the cancellation policy for us.  A bit like the "x number of guests looked at your property and chose others with a much lower nightly rate" message Airbnb sends, to get you to lower pricing, the automated message about this gets ignored too!!!