Is your pet your co-host?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is your pet your co-host?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 16.46.22.png

Hey everyone,

After the announcement of the new pet fee, I’ve seen lots of conversations going on in the Community about animals.

With that in mind, I think this is a great opportunity to celebrate non-human co-hosts - and to be honest, I can never pass up the chance to ask you for pet photos. 😸

I know lots of you mention your pets on your listings and some even feature lovely photos of them, but I would love to know more about your experience hosting with a pet.

Do your pets interact with guests? Have you got any nice stories - and photos - to share? 🐕

Thanks,

Liv

56 Replies 56
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ha! This is an amazing photo 😂 @Nancy1588 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sandi14
Level 5
Surf City, NC

We have two cats and two dogs. Our space is an apartment over our garage. While it is totally private, their beach access walkway goes alongside our deck area. Our dogs always go to greet our guests and they love petting them. Many return guests (and some first timers) bring treats for our pups. 

One of our cats spends a lot of time outside, and she loves to go hang out with our guests. We get a lot of happy feedback from our guests, many miss their pets while they are on vacation. The only embarrassing thing for us is that Kitty Baby (the outdoor cat) will often bring our guests special "gifts". But so far all the guests have laughed this off as "oh we have cats too, just means they love you..." haha. 

We put photos of all our pets in our listing and explain that while they don't roam in guest spaces (except Kitty Baby) that they will be around and would love to say hello.

We've even had guests request to take our dogs on beach walks, which the dogs love!Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 12.26.03 PM.png

Sandi14
Level 5
Surf City, NC

These two greet our guests as they walk by. Sometimes our guests even ask if they can take them for walks on the beach!Sophie-Baxter-small.jpg

John-and-Audry0
Level 3
Nevada City, CA

Our cat Bijoux has become the official greeter for our property.  As soon as a guest arrives, she runs to the meet them at the entrance to the apartment.  She's not able to leave our enclosed backyard, so our guests are her entertainment.  She gets lots of attention, and will even curl up in a lap when guests are sitting on the patio.  Bijoux 0521.jpg

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Most of my guests see my cats as a major bonus. I mostly host long term guests and many of them are missing their pets back home, but even short term guests seem to appreciate the cuddles and the purrs.

Pinot is the most confident of my three cats. She definitely rules the roost. One thing she loves to do is jump onto any bed I am trying to make. It doesn't matter if I tell her I have a new guest about to arrive, need to make the bed and her antics and floof are not helping matters. She loves to burrow under duvets and blankets.

Yesterday, I had a new guest arriving and Pinot burrowed under the bed. She refused to get out. Luckily, said guest had already told me that she was 'obsessed with cats' so I left the little monster in there. The guest, it turns out, was delighted by Pinot's behaviour. "Your cat is the the cutest, cuddliest kitty ever," she told me some hours later.

So, I guess I have to give Pinot some kudos for being a good co-host...

14409486_10153714069581883_1899871780358267405_o.jpg

Colleen426
Level 3
British Columbia, Canada

We have doggie day care here at our Airbnb.  So lots of little four leggers running about.  They are better hosts than we are.  Kidding.  My little girl loves the men and our daycare Pom loves everyone.  Then some just lay in the sun and watch.8628D6E2-CC49-4863-BECB-4185E954A141.jpeg48055B5F-461F-4977-BFCF-7B446C112294.jpeg

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Colleen426 I love this, those photos made my day!

How many dogs do you usually look after? Do guests interact with them much? I have to say, it'd be difficult for me to not spend the entirety of the stay with those adorable four leggers. 😄

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Colleen426
Level 3
British Columbia, Canada

Hi,  we have had as many as 10.  But now about 2-4 a day.  Besides our two.  The guests love them and they have have ample time to play or pet.  They are so much fun.  We just have little ones or puppies.   No big dogs.  
have a nice day !!

Melanie771
Level 2
Dunnellon, FL

My property was my grandfathers home, his cat Suzie still lives on the property. She has a full paragraph in the description.  She is the welcome party for every guest. Almost everyone of our guests leave an honorable mention in our guest book or in the online review.  Most says she is the best part of the stay!  Some have even threatened to take her home.  We really hope they don't because she is a little piece of Big Papa!suzie.jpg

sounds like you really give each and every guest a loving treatment😘

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melanie771 , such a beautiful photo! I'm sure Suzie plays a big role in making the stays memorable. How old is she? I hope she continues to warmly welcome many more guests in the future. 😺😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

She's about 5. 😊