Is your pet your co-host?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is your pet your co-host?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 16.46.22.png

Hey everyone,

After the announcement of the new pet fee, I’ve seen lots of conversations going on in the Community about animals.

With that in mind, I think this is a great opportunity to celebrate non-human co-hosts - and to be honest, I can never pass up the chance to ask you for pet photos. 😸

I know lots of you mention your pets on your listings and some even feature lovely photos of them, but I would love to know more about your experience hosting with a pet.

Do your pets interact with guests? Have you got any nice stories - and photos - to share? 🐕

Thanks,

Liv

56 Replies 56
Carol304
Level 2
Miami, FL

92688EA1-46B5-4281-B5A3-641EF9AF633A.jpeg

 This is Juicy.  She likes to be introduced to my guest or she will bark to be heard.  She loves rubs.  This is her requesting a rub or two; once you start she there for you all day looking for more.   

Soontaree0
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

We have friendly wildlife, no actual pets.

Gaye45
Level 2
Blyth, United Kingdom

Hi everyone yes coco my big puppy Dobermann kept going over to the side windows to try to look inside the coach house when my guests were in and they brought their doggy - Poppy with them so promptly brought her outside and opened the gates into our big garden so they could play together which was a big WIN for both doggies 👏👏

Bella is my 8 year old lab co-host. I must say she is a big hit. She is invited into the ranch where guests stay quite often.

Helen444
Level 3
Hutto, TX

I have 6 American cockers. 4 are home, 2 are retired champions, and two more are still showing. My boy just got his invite to Westminster, and my guests love to watch them play outside in the gardens. We are pet friendly. And the dogs love playing with a new friend. They are extremely friendly. I always ask my guests to text me when they arrive so I can call them in, or they think they are going for a ride when the car door opens. They stay outside while guests are here and watch breakfast intensely, because they know when it’s finished they’ll get a hash brown treat. F1980FF1-7B46-47E5-A36F-2FFA22652F95.jpeg

Helen Harrison-Markow
Chinyere2
Level 2
Goodlettsville, TN

7E10A134-4763-4E1E-B259-37AF4269B901.jpeg

Chinyere2
Level 2
Goodlettsville, TN

my Do a beagle mix does co host with us but she does not really meet guests u less they request it . we have contactless hosting so we do not see guests especially with my long research hours and the fact that the guest suite is totally on its own in the first floor. And my dog is usually in our 3 rd floor deck or out on a long walk on our property with us , but she is definitely a co host 5C34E78F-7E37-4C63-8296-0EBF5C745528.jpeg

I am contactless also and am finding the best success that way.  Every so often I need to deliver batteries for the remote or more K cup coffee pods or a garbage bag.  Guess who is right by my side for deliveries.  And she always brings a smile and a hello to the guests face.  

@Chinyere2 I think your co host is getting ready to do your Airbnb bookings.😀

Laurelle 3😀 i hope so 😀

Ellen140
Level 2
Monmouth, OR

We have a Flemish Giant rabbit. She stays in the Bunny Barn & pen unless the grandgirls have her out. 

Patti120
Level 5
California, United States

I love having pets come to our Airbnb homes. I love even more when our guest tell me in advance they are bringing their pets and I have a chance to learn about them before arrival. Pets are considered family and I do my best to host the four legged guests in a comfortable, welcoming style just like their owners. Dogs are provided Orvis beds, dog blankets, stainless steel food and water bowls, a secure yard with a park close by that is very dog friendly. My personal  home pet/family member (see photo) sometimes meets the guests (guests choice) and it is always a treat for everyone when she gets to visit. She loves everyone and their pets too. Farrah2021.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Image from iOS (11).jpg

Here's my co-conspirator Host.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Snehal1
Level 2
Vadodara, India

Guest Who Come with Pets, Can We Charge them PET Charges as We have to Grate our House and keep Our Pets out of their reach.  Otherwise Pets fight for the Teritatory.  Am I Right Or it is for me only.

I do not allow pets.  On the rare occasion I allow it it always presents a problem with my pets.  So many guests come and go causing their confusion already lol.  When a 4 legged guest comes also it really throws them off.