Is your pet your co-host?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is your pet your co-host?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 16.46.22.png

Hey everyone,

After the announcement of the new pet fee, I’ve seen lots of conversations going on in the Community about animals.

With that in mind, I think this is a great opportunity to celebrate non-human co-hosts - and to be honest, I can never pass up the chance to ask you for pet photos. 😸

I know lots of you mention your pets on your listings and some even feature lovely photos of them, but I would love to know more about your experience hosting with a pet.

Do your pets interact with guests? Have you got any nice stories - and photos - to share? 🐕

Thanks,

Liv

56 Replies 56
Beth3887
Level 2
George, South Africa

we have a very friendly ridgeback.

A few guests have asked if they can take him for a walk which he loved.

Some have mentioned him in their reviews.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

More like the true master of the listing @Liv 

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 15.37.07.png

Adam1506
Level 2
Quincy, MA

Pet fee needs to be daily (like additional guest fees), not a flat rate!!!

Patti120
Level 5
California, United States

Hi Adam, Would you please expand on your idea for a daily fee for pets? I would like to learn more. 

Thank you, Patti120

Its pretty simple.  I charge an extra $5/night for guests.  I should be able to charge the same way for pets.  Under the current method, lets say I charge a flat $25.  Is that fair for someone only staying 1 day compared to someone that's staying 100 days?

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Liv we don't have any pets but sometimes we granny sit our sons Jack Russell and little Foxy cross. We then notify guests and put a fence up so that they can still have their own space.

My last 5 year old guest did I have a puppy or cat as she was pet lover I had to disappoint her but did say, I had a cat book in my collection in the cottage. 

Whilst talking, she picked up a lady beetle that was in the flowers by the door. On leaving her mother asked where did she leave the snail she found. She said in the shower so that it could live. I forgot this and whilst cleaning the bathroom accidently forgot the snail and there was a crunch. So endth the snail luckily it was found by the next guest it had travelled.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Liv Co-host, Co-worker, he's got it all! Milky 2021.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

gorgeous!

Leslie243
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

My garage apartment listing is pet free, but there are outdoor common areas where Ella Fitzgerald may interact with guests who enjoy dogs. She loves being a host and welcoming guests. She’s just sad that she’s not allowed into the apartment. Guests really like interacting with her but I always ask if they like dogs so that I can keep her away from those who aren’t comfortable. 2E8DE415-3929-4345-A941-3EA03DD1ABA0.jpeg

Great name!

We have a small Long-haired Chihuahua who loves to welcome our guests and actually insists on showing them our 2 listing. If our guests arrive at night, I will tell him to go back into the house and he drops his down and looks so sad - and then ignores me! As soon as I ask him if he wants to take our guests to the Mushroom, he suddenly runs to take them down to the cabin!

Nancy1588
Level 5
Powell River, Canada

We are pet friendly as long as they get along with other dogs. My Retriever and small rescue mix are very friendly and love people and dogs. I make that very clear in the listing and everyone who has come has really enjoyed the dogs. Trax is a certified therapy dog & loves cuddles & belly rubs. They bring great fun energy to the property and enhance the experience for the guests. IMG_20210411_190948_439.jpg

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Trax living his best life! @Nancy1588 - Or hers? Is it a boy or a girl? 

Nancy1588
Level 5
Powell River, Canada

All boy. Very sucky. Considers himself a lap dog 🙂

Nancy1588
Level 5
Powell River, Canada

Trax is a big sucky boy @Nick . Harley is a smaller mixed rescue who is a boy as well. They are quiet a duo. Harley & Trax our Co-HostsHarley & Trax our Co-Hosts