Issues connecting with Case Manager and AirBnb in regards to a Resolution Centre - How to contact?

Jamie328
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Issues connecting with Case Manager and AirBnb in regards to a Resolution Centre - How to contact?

I am having significant  issue attmpting to resolve the matter. I won't bore you with details too indepth as we have a guest who left our place a mess, agreed to pay though never actually came through with any funds. Case Manager Rachel told us to that they will process this and make a decision.

This never happened. Consistently ignores questions I've asked regarding the process and the status of the deposit that the guest originally left. When I write I have to put in dot points and number the dots so that she will answer, though questions are still ignored.

I've exchanged around 20 emails with her often writing twice over a week or a week and a half, generally on average she says she will respond in 24 hrs or in 48 hours though her response time in reality is actually getting longer and longer generally a week now and it has been going on 6 weeks now since the resolution centre was involved. 

She told me after 5 weeks that AirBnb would cover some of the costs.  I asked her a rough timeframe and followed up for about the fifith time asking if she could arrange a time to talk with me. 

WIth a lack of response and follow up and lack of general communication we are increasingly frustrated and don't feel that this is an appropiate and professional dealing of the matter. I have attempted to find a way to contact AirBnb above the Case Manager. All I can seem to contact however, is the standard call centre who just refer me to the case manager and say to email them again. Clearly this doesn't work.

Does anyone have any advice and or have any ideas of how to contact anyone in AirBnb directly to talk to case managers or the supervisors? As we cannot waste any more time going back and forward with no resolution achieved.

Thank you for your thoughts. Jamie

P.S. It has got to the point that we are now considering contacting the Ombusmen or Small Claims Court. Has anyone had experience with following through with that process?

*[Formatting updated]

1 Reply 1
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jamie328,

Lovely to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here in the Community Center.

I am sorry to hear that your Resolution Case is taking so long, the team working on these cases do their best to make sure that there is a speedy turnaround,  but as you can imagine all cases are different and some take more time than others to look into all the details to make a fair decision. 

I have highlighted your message here back to the team, as I know it has been some time now. A case manager is working on this and I hope this will all be resolved soon.

Best of luck with everything.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.