It is possible that a guest provide star rating but skip written review?

Answered!
Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

It is possible that a guest provide star rating but skip written review?

Greetings everyone, 

It is possible that a guest can provide us with a star rating (a bad one!)  but skip the written review

Yes? No? Maybe, depends? 

Very curious. 

Any help, ideas or comments would be appreciated. 

Harold

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Harold75 

Yes. The reviewer can simply not enter text into the "written review" field. The review used to default to "." but I have recently noticed that in some cases no characters are written at all. 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Hi @Emilia42  

It would appear awkward to reply to a nothing, empty guest reply, followed by poor star ratings. 

In terms of reply to guest,  rantings and ravings might be fine for some hosts, but not me LOL!

I believe Airbnb has clearly defined  reasons to remove guest/host posts.    I don't think blank text  or sparse words such as "not clean" , followed by stars process, would qualify.  

@Harold75  You’d be out of luck getting ‘not clean’ removed, but I  would say use the ‘not relevant’ angle to get a blank review removed, and hope any stars go with it. Worth a shot maybe. That’s if you’re motivated and able to stomach a go round with Airbnb CS.

Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Colleen253    Yes!  Getting "not clean"  and the stars that go with it,  would surely be an uphill struggle.   Good point on contacting Airbnb CS about * not relevant,*  but like you said, it's a long shot. Understood!   I don't have enough lifetimes for that go around.