Italian hosts: Full refund for all cancellations -Regardless of cancellation policy

Giulia316
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Italian hosts: Full refund for all cancellations -Regardless of cancellation policy

I would like to know how other hosts in Italy feel about the extenutating circumstances policy being extended to all bookings, regardless of your cancellation policy, just in Italy and South Korea?

My cancellation policy is strict, however all my bookings that are being cancelled are currently getting a full refund, no matter the time of booking or travel dates.

Today I've received a cancellation for a booking in October. The guest had simply change their minds and decided they wanted to book a different place. Therefore no relation to COVID whatsoever, but they still receive a FULL refund.

I understad that the policy can be applicable to people with health issues or where travel restrcitions are imposed. However giving a full refund to everyone it seems so unfair. Throughout this crisis I've felt completely un-supported by Airbnb. Why is Italy penalised so much? 

What are the thought of other hosts in Italy?

2 Replies 2
Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ciao @Giulia316 ,

I advice you to post this content in the Italian community where you'll find way more italian hosts, for sure! Click here to post in the italian CC  (in Italian please!)

Fran 

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Giulia316
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Thanks Francesca, I wasn't aware of the community