Its a small world

Natasha-And-Dale0
Level 6
Athabasca, Canada

Its a small world

A fun story...a lady books my home with almost no profile and a picture of a cartoon character. I am cautious so I message her to kindly with advice that as a new member to the airbnb community she should complete her profile and photo and tell me a bit about herself...she complies with lovely photos even sending me some extra pictures of her family. That night her husband comes home and I suppose she shows them our profile to see where they are staying on holiday. It turns out her husband lived with my husband as an exchange student for a year 20 years ago and 2000 km away in another province. Needless to say we are very excited to host them and sometimes a new guest just needs some soft encouragement to get started properly.

22 Replies 22

@Natasha-And-Dale0

Wow!!! That is so cool!!! And exciting!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Natasha-And-Dale0 

😄 hehe it's a small world ....

Few months ago I was drinking coffee with my good friend in a coffee shop and new booking from Germany come through ... it turns out the guest is a colleague of my friend's boyfriend  :))) 

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Natasha-And-Dale0 Nothing happen as a coincidence in this life and i am sure your husband will be very happy to meet those guests. Happy hosting!!!

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Just a great story and what a reunion @Natasha-And-Dale0 !!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is amazing @Natasha-And-Dale0. Yeah, it sure does make the world seem small. 🙂

It is fantastic that they are going to stay with you. Are you going to do something special together to celebrate the reunion? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sharon284
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Wer have been running a guest house for 21 years (ever since we were married) a few years ago before Air BnB  my guesst arrived. As I was serving   coffee we got talking and  the man  said he was a teacher. Turns out he used to teach me geography! Would never have recognized  him. In those days he had long curly hair and now he is bald!!

Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

@Natasha-And-Dale0: What a great story!  Something similar happened to us too.  The guest booked our place so they could spend family time together before their oldest daughter gave birth to twins.  Turns out the oldest daughter dated our son in high school.  Both families have great mutual respect for one another so we were excited to get updates 10+ years later.

Luke73
Level 8
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

@Natasha-And-Dale0 It's very awesome. Thanks for sharing with us

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Natasha And Dale

AS a teenager, my friends and I were on a walking holiday in Co Kerry Ireland, we met two guys in their twenties both groups expressed our desire to trek in the Himalayas one day, ten years later who did we bump into on a roof top restaurant in Pokhara Kathmandu but the same two guys, both groups marvelled at the coincidence as we looked out over the majestic Phewa Lake, the air was thin and we were happy and content at the wonderment that life can bring.

Regards

Cormac

ECK III

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That is incredible @Cormac0. I can't quite believe this! 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Omg @Cormac0 😄 that's unbelivable¨! 

Jackie121
Level 2
Banbury, United Kingdom

I had a booking a few years ago through another site and was amused to see that it came from our nearest town. Transpires it was the parents of one of my daughter's school friends, absolutely no idea the house was ours or indeed, was owned by someone else in Yorkshire. The could have driven five minutes down the road and booked in person!

@Cormac0      isn't it funny how these chance meetings happen?

sometimes when I feel cosmic "we have to think, what are the chances?"

"things that go bump in the night"

The guests who are with me now, went to school with the sister of a young man I hosted several years

back when he was on internship.  

It's stories like this that keep up my faith in people, and my hope for peace!