Jacuzzi bathtub considered hot tub

Jacuzzi bathtub considered hot tub

Is a jacuzzi bathtub in the master bathroom considered a hot tub? Would you have the hot tub amenity ticked? 

12 Replies 12
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tin18005  A bathtub is a bathtub. A hot tub is a hot tub. 

A bathtub is normally indoors, a hot tub is something people expect to find outside.

Listing a jacuzzi as a hot tub will only garner complaining reviews and refund demands.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Tin18005 no.

Thank guys. I will remove the amenity.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tin18005 

Tin, @Sarah977  has hit the nail on the head (as usual), a bath tub is indoors, a hot tub is outdoors!

This is a bathtub........

3b63f02bbd.jpg

This is a hot tub......

!cid_A693EFE48755448AA3E71F114752A734@UserPC.jpg

They both do exactly the same thing but, one is indoors, the other is outdoors.

You can describe it as "An amazing relaxation bathtub experience" in your listing description......but don't tick it as a hot tub in your amenities list!

Cheers.........Rob

@Robin4  Occasionally  bathtubs are outside. I stayed at a friend's place on one of the islands near where I used to live in Canada. They had a bathtub on the deck, where I had a lively soak one evening overlooking the ocean under a full moon.

@Sarah977 hm... 😉

@Lisa723  Uh oh, that was a typo. It was supposed to say lovely, not lively.  I was alone. 🙂

@Sarah977 @Robin4   I've also stayed at a few places with outdoor bathtubs. One of them was warmed from beneath with a fire - you had to keep a wooden plank in the basin to avoid burning yourself. It was delightful.

Hot tubs can also be indoors - plenty of gyms, spas, swimming halls, and hotels have them.

Even when the lines blur, I'd only call it a hot tub if it's in a shared social space - which a private bathroom is most definitely not. If you wouldn't get into it with your dad or your colleagues, call it a bathtub.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977 

Yeah there are always exceptions Sarah, even 'lively' ones under the stars, or in front of cows like this lead listing photo  from an Airbnb not far from here.

outdoor bath.png

You would definitely call that a bath, and lets face it, you can adapt most things to suit situations

Outdoor bath 2.png

But the general consensus is, a bathtub is indoors and a hot tub is outdoors.

But as @Anonymous  says gym's have indoor hot tubs.

But for @Tin18005  to classify his bath with water jets included in the main bedroom a 'hot tub' is stretching the definition.

Cheers........Rob 

@Robin4   When in doubt about whether to tick a box on the Amenities list, I'd always ask:  would this feature meet the expectations of someone who valued that thing so much that they filtered their search around it?

@Anonymous   " Oh look, honey, they have a Whirlpool brand refrigerator. Definitely the place to book."

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Tin18005 ,I call ours a spa tub, unfortunately they don't have a amenity choice that fits,