Jefferson County Colorado

Tanya187
Level 2
Denver, CO

Jefferson County Colorado

Hi, I am curious if anyone has sent in an application the the county Board of Adjustment to get approval to apply for a short term rental license in Jeff County.  Is the approval process difficult? 

7 Replies 7

HI Tanya,  I called jefferson county and the require you to fill out a permit.  Then post a sign on your property for 2 weeks allowing the neighbors to see what you plan to do.   sounded like their big items are it must be on minimum of 1 acre and adequate parking.   I'm sure this was driven by complaints of people parking on other peoples lots/spaces.   Cost of the permit is $750 and they also give you a case worker to help you through the process.   Didnt sound overly difficult, you just have to follow their process. 

I saw the 1 acre minimum requirement too which appears to cater to the wealthy and is completely out of reach for most of us who just need a little extra income. Loking at all the listings in Evergreen area, clearly no one is enforcing it.

Soleine0
Level 3
Boulder, CO

I agree with you Daniel. The 1 acre minimum requirement is obviously not enforced. And I don’t understand the point of it really. Is it to allow only Bed and Breakfasts in the mountains? 

Rebecca718
Level 2
Westminster, CO

For those of you with home lots less than 1 acre, were you still able to get a permit? Or, are people hosting without having proper county approval? 

Laura4051
Level 1
Aurora, CO

Per Jefferson County Planning and Zoning: Jeffco does not proactively crack down on any requirement of the Zoning Resolution, including short-term rentals. We are a complaint-based County and Staff does not initiate zoning complaints. It does seem, however, that neighbors are becoming more aware of restrictions and requirements of short-term rentals, and we are seeing an uptick in zoning complaints for STRs.

Allison533
Level 2
Lakewood, CO

Hi everyone! What are the updated rules and regulations about hosting in Lakewood CO?

Brian2378
Level 1
Denver, CO

I am considering purchasing a home and using it as an airbnb.  Jefferson county has a 1 acre rule. Will I be able to get a license from airbnb? And jefco?