Job Relocation

Rachel243
Level 2
State College, PA

Job Relocation

Hi All,

I'm wondering if this qualifies as a special circumstance or not. I'm not looking forward to paying $50 a piece if it isn't...

Me and my boyfriend live in a football town and rent out our basement, however the company he works for was bought out and is now relocating all the employees to a new area (unless they don't want to continue employment with them). They have a soft date of August as the time they want us there, however that will be somewhat flexible as we have our house here that will need to be put on the market. We have 2 reservations for fall football games which we may be unable to fulfill. We are hoping to have more time here but I believe once we put our house on the market it won't remain there long (it was only listed 2 months prior to us buying it).

Any suggestions on what to do?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Rachel243

Have you looked at information around Extenuating Circumstances on the Help Centre?

If not have a look - it shows you how you cancel and make a claim. I agree they should let you cancel using this, but it is down to them.

"

Valid extenuating circumstances include:

• Unexpected death or serious illness of a host, guest or immediate family member
  • Serious injury that directly restricts a guest’s ability to travel or a host’s ability to host
  • Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents impacting the location of destination or location of departure
  • Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of booking, by an appropriate national or international authority (such as a government office or department)
  • Endemic disease declared by a credible national or international authority (such as the US Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization)
  • Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to host safely
  • Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of booking (ex: jury duty)

"

Nothing is related to your personal life really unless someone is injured/dead or you have jury duty. I could message them but right now it is dependent on when we can get our affairs in order so it may possibly take months/after August and possibly will be able to host. I'm just looking to see if anyone had an answer for me.

Hi, I am facing immediate relo as well. We are superhosts and I wonder if anyone else gave you any insight. I will do AirBnB in Texas as well. Guess I'll have to call!

Best,

Kevin and Angel