JudgeJudy Rental Chargeback Case

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

JudgeJudy Rental Chargeback Case

Love this. Most of you have had these guests, but if you haven’t, you will! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U58a3XmFfKY&feature=youtu.be

5 Replies 5
Andrea4731
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

Oh dear… you really just can’t win with some people. I love the point Judge Judy make “you couldn’t find anything else to do with your children that traveled thousands of miles?!?” 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pat271  I saw this posted on another hosting forum. The "There was nothing to do" was ridiculous. And I loved the "Then you have spoiled children".

But I did think it was odd that the host had "Ziplining" as part of their listing title. It does sort of seem like false advertising to me.

It's one thing to tout it as part of the title if the zipline business belonged to the host and was always available, or to mention it in the description as a local activity, or even "Close to Zipline" in the title, but making something you have no control over a part of your listing title, as if it is part of your rental, seems weird. It's like calling your listing "Constant Sunshine" when you have no control over the weather. It isn't like "Oceanview"- the ocean isn't going to suddenly disappear or be unavailable.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Love this @Pat271!  

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Sarah977  Yeah, one should tread carefully when one starts touting amenities, for sure.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t have expected this host to having their own ski resort, so why would I expect them to have their own ziplining company?

Agree that “Close to Skiing and Ziplining” would have been better, and helps avoid an “Accuracy” mismatch.

@Pat271  In fact, there is a business in my town that offers ATV tours, horseback riding, a zipline, and also casitas for rent. So they could accurately put all those things in their title. But I agree that an Airbnb host is not likely to own a ski hill. 🙂