Just lost Superhost status and pre-existing travel bonus?

Jane563
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Just lost Superhost status and pre-existing travel bonus?

I’ve already complained about losing my Superhost status, so I’m not going to start again.

However, I had a previously earned Superhost travel bonus due to expire in July. This has now disappeared. 

What the hell  is going on? Not only have I got punished for being unable to host due to the pandemic, I’ve also had a bonus I already earned taken back from me. 

If you’ve been relegated check your accounts. I’d like to know if this is just me.

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jane563 sorry to hear that. I don't understand why you lost superhost, have you looked at your stats, do they give any clues?

I bet the voucher thing is a glitch.

Average down to 4.7.

Jane563
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

I’ve just found the token. It’s visible when I go through on my browser but not on the app. Wasn’t looking properly because I have the hump about being downgraded.

Even so, still getting enquiries and now a couple of bookings.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jane563 

Jane, do I read this correctly, you have lost a coupon that Airbnb had previously given to you when you had been a superhost representative for the company for a year. You earned that bonus with your performance over a year and they have now decided to take it away from you.

There is simply no limit to the depths that this company will sink to in protecting its revenue and abusing its hosts!

Jane, are you sure there is not a bit more to it than that? I have just done a quick search in my area and this is just one listing that does not meet the 4.7 Superhost requirement......

Superhost at 4.5.png

This guy is sitting on 4.59 but he is still holding his Superhost badge.

Your listings are currently showing as 4.94 and 4.85! Is it possible you had a host cancellation in the past year that is not showing up in your reviews?

Maybe you should give CX a nice call and ask them why a previously issued credit has gone and why your Superhost status has gone.

Cheers........Rob 

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

We have a $100 travel credit that we received last April when the pandemic was in full swing. We just just recently booked a trip for August as states, cities and towns begin to open up. Our travel coupon expires this month but also has a pointless note that it has to be used for a booking and stay that happens before the expiration date of April 14. We did get in touch with CS about us using it for our August trip but they said it needed to be used now which is pointless as places (like the one we are visiting) are still not open. That happens in June. I like Airbnb overall but I was bothered by this. Any credits that were issued during the spring / summer of 2020 should be accepted if something is booked inside the timeline of expiration. Airbnb gets 1 star for this.   

Hi 

As I said upthread,  I’ve now found my token hidden away. It wasn’t visible on the app. I am hoping to get away soon, but if I can’t I’ll book with a local host who is also my friend. I’d rather he had the money from my bonus rather than it go to waste.

Superhost is calculated on your average score over the last year.  Mine is 4.7.

@Jane563I find the app to be pointless and literally only use it for the messaging system when I'm unable to get on my computer. The things you can and cannot see on the app make no sense.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Barry-and-Lera0 and @Jane563 Airbnb is sending out an email extending Superhost expired coupons. I'm hoping you might have already received it; otherwise, it could be on the way. 

Please read more about coupons and how to use them here. There is also a header talking about the extension and how to review the coupon. 

Thank you.