Just wondering

Jing17
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Just wondering

So, I had two guests who came yesterday, they were polite and all that in the beginning. Then later in the night they just left and they didn't come back. I wasn't sure whether not they are gone so I knocked on their door. they were gone, so I went into the room, saw that they had sex in the room, there was blood on the sheets and condom on the duvet. I don't know what to leave them as a comment and how to prevent this kind of things from happening. Any ideas?

17 Replies 17

@Jing17  I can totally understand that you feel a bit disrespected and I agree with most everyone's input. Leaving sheets bloodied and a used condom  I see more of a strike on the cleanliness rating against your guest but I do not think bringing up any kind review suggestive of their actions would be advisable. It's hard to accept or imagine but guests more than often will be having sex and sometimes without intention  leave something behind not even realizing it in the heat of the moment. 

Mj48
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I would say nothing at all...grandmothers rule seem to work the best

Laylee0
Level 6
Gateshead, United Kingdom

@Jing17 I agree with others that you shouldn’t shame them in your review, just mark them down for cleanliness. I would feel disrespected if it had happened in my house but I would leave emotion out of it. I’m a professional cleaner with impeccably high standards and one thing I’ve learned over the years is that everyone’s standards of cleanliness are different (people think it’s acceptable to leave their dried up poo round the toilet bowl for me to clean up -something I wouldn’t do if I had a cleaner).

Referring to another thread that I read yesterday, there seems to be a feeling that. the mentality of guests is changing, with people expecting hotel standards in shared homes. It could be that these guests thought of it very much like a hotel, which are discreet (probably because they don’t have a guest review system in place), so you could maybe say in your review that they’d be more suited to a hotel rather than a shared home.