Kansas City, MO

Ethan76
Level 2
Stevens Point, WI

Kansas City, MO

Looking for insight on hosting in KCMO (Kansas City, MO). There are some hard to understand short term rental laws in KCMO (I am not a lawyer - so hard for me).

Does anyone know if you are only allowed to rent out your property for a maximum of 95 days / year? Or is it unlimited?

Can you rent out a private room sometimes and the entire property other times (sometimes I will be on the road - other times home)?

Does anyone have insight on HOAs and hosting?

3 Replies 3

I can't really answer your questions, because they are relative to the law in KC, but I can tell you that most problems for hosts come with not being there to greet guests or living on the site or close by. People take liberties when there is no host to see what they're doing. I'd think twice about renting the entire place when you're away. Hosts have had houses trashed, identity thefts and arrived home to empty property, because the entire contents of their homes were stolen. If you search for some of these problems, you can find them here in community center. A woman in Northern California arrived home to an empty house and so did a neighbor of mine...his very first rental too. I live on my property and let guests know that on their initial inquiry. Serious problems don't regularly get reported by people sharing a room or several rooms, if they are present.

Thanks Donna!

I’m trying to become a new host can anyone like give me some knowledge on this ? My name is Nicholas gundlach Iam 19 years young and I’d like too just escape the 9-5 like most of y’all on here possibly