Key courier service in NYC

Robert117
Level 3
New York, NY

Key courier service in NYC

Hey there - can anyone help? Proprly.com, which I have relied upon for more than a year for both cleaning and key courier services, is closing its doors. It's a shocker to me and I am scrambling to find a replacement.

I am a super host, my apartment is in Hells Kitchen - and I live in Illinois - NOT IN NYC. I need to manage this remotely...

PLEASE - any thoughts??? My apartment rents frequently! and I have few remaining resources in NYC.

Please do NOT suggest a key cafe. The lack of management and the idea that my keys might be in some deli or grocery store is an absolute no no. Nor can I enlist neighbors...

Bob

9 Replies 9
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

An alternative - http://remotelock.com/airbnb/

It's amazing. You will still need a cleaner but there should be many of those services.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Thank you, I appreciate this, but in my particular building this is I am afraid not an option. NYC, which involves street doors, etc.

I am investing a key cafe instead....

Thanks for the thought though!

Vanessa152
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi Robert! Were you able to find a solution for your problem besides keycafe?

I didn't have to look further. Key Cafe has proved to be a reliable resource for key distrubution. STRONG RECOMMENDATION however - have your keys in more than 1 key cafe location. One of the locations I chose went offline for more than a month! And Key Cafe, as good as they are, are dependent upon local management. I was lucky, because the keys were checked out at the time. If they had been checked IN, they would have been unavailable for a month, which would have been a serious matter.

Key Cafe is economical and easy. However, to work properly, you must establish an excellent communication standard with all of your guests. And never use Instant Book or Quick Book in tandem with Key Cafe, or whatever it is called - bad idea if you want to maintain security.

And so, if you scroll up to my original request - I was wrong! Key Cafe is great. It just took using them to find out.

I am glad you had a great experience with Keycafe Robert.  We have really worked hard to improve the service and expand our network this past year. 

All the best!

Jason

Co-founder Keycafe

Mariana127
Level 1
New York, NY

Robert - how do you do that with the cleaning service then? do you have a different company to come in?

I have a guest swap over the Memorial weekend and I am out of town and dont know how to arrange for small cleaning and keys being given to the guest / any recommendation will be appreciated"

I have heard of a new service cityami but seems to be little too pricey..

@Robert117 wrote:

Hey there - can anyone help? , which I have relied upon for more than a year for both cleaning and key courier services, is closing its doors. It's a shocker to me and I am scrambling to find a replacement.

I am a super host, my apartment is in Hells Kitchen - and I live in Illinois - NOT IN NYC. I need to manage this remotely...

PLEASE - any thoughts??? My apartment rents frequently! and I have few remaining resources in NYC.

Please do NOT suggest a key cafe. The lack of management and the idea that my keys might be in some deli or grocery store is an absolute no no. Nor can I enlist neighbors...

Bob

Your keys in more than 1 key cafe location. One of the locations I chose went offline for more than a month! And Key Cafe, as good as they are, are dependent upon local management. I was lucky, because the keys were checked out at the time. If they had been checked IN,