Keyless entry

Richard95
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Keyless entry

Can anyone who has purchased a keyless enyty system through gokeyless.com share their experience with this company?  

19 Replies 19
Jessica202
Level 2
Austin, TX

I don't know anything about that website but I use kwikset touchscreen deadbolt and it's beyond easy. I change my codes per guest and guests love it because there's no key needed. 

@Jessica0: Are you still using a Kwikset lock? I'm trying to decide between Schlage's Camelot, Kwikset's 92640 and August, and I just want to be able to easily input temporary codes for the next guest at the keypad. You had posted in this thread quite about 1.5 years ago, so I wanted to check in and see if you still think it's quick and easy to create a temporary code at the keypad. Thanks!

@Julie724 I have  Schlage's Camelot at my own home, my Venue, Guest House and Cottage. I've had no issues with this at any one of the four places I use it. I would highly recommend it. 

Thanks for the feedback regarding Schlage. I have been leaning that way and it is good to get confirmation. Cheers!

Jeremy89
Level 2
Little Rock, AR

Jessica, what model number on the Kwikset keypad? Im looking to install one soon. I need something easy to program after each guest.

Shawn65
Level 2
Charlottesville, VA

How do you encourage guests to be careful with the keyless door security code? For example, shouting out the code to one another. Thanks

Ric11
Level 4
Salford, United Kingdom

Hi there 

I have Yale keyless smart lock and always set it to the last 4 digits of the guests registered number on the reservation. 

If there is more than one person staying then I offer to add the additional numbers of the other guests staying. 

This way, no one should need to question what number to use. 

Hope this helps 

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

I bought a lock from them a year or so ago. Item took longer to arrive than I’d like. Once I got it, the unit wouldn’t install correctly, it was missing a screw or something as I recall. I called them and they said I would need to call the manufacturer to get the missing part. Which then took more time to prove to manufacturer when and where I’d bought the lock. Needless to say, for my next keyless purchase I did not use them. 

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Richard95 I recently installed the Schlage keypad deadbolt lock with zwave. I also use the last four numbers of the guest phone number for the6 key code and the door also automatically locks after 30 seconds. WiFi connected lock allows me to program remotely, lock and unlock. You can also set codes to expire after a certain date. 

Hi Rene & Zack,

I have two rentals in Hilton Head and one has a manual keypad, please confirm Schlage product and do you need a monthly subscription?  Is it this one :

Schlage Connect BE469NX CAM 619 Touchscreen Deadbolt with alarm with Camelot Trim, Satin Nickel

Thanks, I have been listing on vrbo and now just listed on airbnb, I am excited to have a community!!

Rebecca

@Rebecca327 There is no monthly subscription fee for the Schlage z wave lock. You will have to get a smart hub to use the wireless feature of remote programming and unlocking but you can program the lock by hand in like 10 seconds with the guest door code. The lock also has a tamper alarm and it automatically locks after 30 seconds. I do have an old school lock box on the side of the house just in case the lock fails for some reason. If you don’t have a smart hub, you can’t control the lock remotely but the lock works flawlessly without being connected to WiFi. 

@Rene-and-Zac0: I'm trying to decide between Schlage's Camelot, Kwikset's 92640 and August, and I'm not yet interested in connecting to the lock via wifi/z wave. Yet. So I just want to be able to easily input temporary codes for the next guest at the keypad. You had posted in this thread quite a few months ago, so I wanted to check in and see if you still think it's quick and easy to create a temporary code at the keypad. Thanks!

Danny99
Level 2
Dingley Village, Australia

hi guys, the latest and most reliable keyless entry system is from ISEO. 

the LIBRA electronic cylinders can be retrofitted to most existing locks and you can forget the keys forever.

I use one in my property and even put one in my own house.

the installation takes less than 5 minutes(if retroffiting).

through the ISEO app you can send a text or email to the guest from anywhere in the world.

the text contains links that will first download a free app and secondly it will use that app to open the door.

Before &  after the predetermined date and time the guests phone will no longer open the door.

The batteries will last 3-4 years.

cheers.

danny

I wouldn't want to ask my guest to download an app so they can open the door. Too troublesome