LISTING REMOVAL / DE LISTED Please help Thank you.

Patrick9
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

LISTING REMOVAL / DE LISTED Please help Thank you.

I am in complete shock and disbelieve...Today after hosting hundreds of guests for more than 3 years on Airbnb

and having all 4, 4.5 and 5 stars...I received the following emails ie the first email at 9am in the morning with

the following content..

Dear Patrick,

Airbnb guests enjoy staying in local homes and enjoying authentic and unique travel experiences. Unfortunately, our systems have shown that the listing mentioned below is not delivering the kind of local hospitality experience guests are looking for. In line with our Terms of Service,

* LUXURY CHELSEA 24HR. CONCIERGE *

will be removed from our platform on 9 February 2016

Please understand that this determination was not made due to a single attribute, but an overall combination of various criteria.

You may continue to manage all of your bookings via our site until 9 February 2016. These bookings must be managed in accordance with our Hospitality Standards and Terms of Service.

After 9 February 2016, you will no longer be able to accept reservations for this specific listing and your listing will no longer appear in our search results.
 After 9 February 2016, you will still be able to use our site to manage your existing reservations as long as you comply with our Terms of Service.

You will not be able to relist this particular space on our platform. We regret to inform you about this. It is in the best interest of our community to uphold the standards and local and genuine experience they expect.

Best regards,

Airbnb Ireland

After calling the customer care team..how told me this is probably a phising email or a hack..and they will let the relevant team know,

several hours later I received the following email..

No reason explenation..or anything given...after 3 years and 4 - 5 star reviews..Who can help here or let me know what is happening and

why?? Any feeback and information re who do I have to contact to clarify this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Airbnb Customer Experience

Airbnb Quality Team, Jan 27, 07:12:

Dear Patrick,

We have received your message regarding your account. Our mission is to allow Airbnb guests to connect with hosts who provide local and authentic experiences that make the city a better place to live, work and visit. We routinely carry out initiatives for quality purposes and adherence to this mission. The outcome cannot be changed.

Regards,

Julian

Airbnb Quality Team
www.airbnb.com/help

Thank you for your help and support.

Patrick

30 Replies 30
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Gritta0
Level 10
Berlin, Germany

Hi @Patrick9,

I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope for you its spam, but I guess its not.

I would recommend to read this:

http://publicpolicy.airbnb.com/compact/

and than this:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/LISTING-REMOVED/m-p/4646#M706

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

This has been happening to several hosts here in Amsterdam too.

Superhosts even.

No explanation, nothing, just the same lame reason you got.

It's quite alarming actually, because with no explanation or reason others can't learn what not to do and improve.

Really sounding like mafiosi tactics   😞

Jac0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I'm a superhost and I received an email saying they will remove two listings. I share your shock and disbelief. For 3 years, I have hundreds of perfect reviews and even stopped using other sites because I thought airbnb could be relied upon. It's utterly disappointing and it doesn't seem to be a very commercial move!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jac0 @Patrick9  My god, what is happening....Airbnb is falling apart at the seams! They are in the process of deleting an entire communication platform with sms messaging! Many posts now complain that they cannot receive support for their problems and are told to consult the forum page and now this....I can't believe this is happening. I think I will go into snooze for a few months until some sort of rational logical behaviour returns....
 Hey Jac....that profile piccie could only be the public bar at the Icebergs in Bondi....when were you there????   cheers....Rob

Jac0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hey Rob, It is indeed! Well spotted. I am an aussie 🙂

It's mental isn't it? what is happening with sms messaging?? best, Jac

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jac0 Well Jac, as Gough Whitlam once said,  "You may well ask"!......Two weeks ago I just happened to come across this little snippet of information that I am re-pasting...

……This is an excerpt I just came across from another post purportedly from a member of Airbnb staff! “Customer Support:  I have reached out to my colleague who is working with this system change to get more information. It sounds like we are working to phase out this method of notification, which is why this change has been coming about. For now, it sounds like it should be able to be switched back on through the app on your phone. You can do this by going to Settings > Notifications and turning on the Text Message Notifications. You may need to switch it off and then back on again"....

Jac, tell me they are kidding!!!! Their not. All over the world there are complaints coming in about lost bookings with exactly the same bottom line.....no notification! Some have lost up to half a dozen bookings!

I lost a booking because it sat on my dashboard for 16 hours and I never knew it was there. Jac, cracks are appearing in the system.......and as I have said in other posts there are going to be some problem times ahead. I phoned Sydney and spoke to a very pleasant lady who said she had 're-activated' my sms messages, but I have had three messages since then on my listing page that I haven't been notified of. In fact, since last week my mobile phone has been utterly silent as far as Airbnb is concerned!

The thing that hurts most is Jac they haven't had the guts to release a statement to their hosting community that sms (or more particularly Cellular) level of contact was about to cease....we have had to find it out in dribs and drabs on a forum site and nobody actually connected with Airbnb will give us a difinitive statement....all they are saying is 'it's a glitch in the system'!!!

This is a big deal, fairly obviously cellular contact is costing Airbnb and enormous amount of money....every txt costs, and it looks like the 'backroom boys' have hit on this solution (which works fine in NY, Miami, Paris, London, in fact anywhere there is a Wifi hot spot) but in the less heavily saturated internet areas we depend on cellular....even a personal WiFi is still a cellular service.

The one thing these 'backroom boys' haven't taken into account...an sms costs, what, 20c. A lost booking to another site will cost them $20-$30-$50 or more, either in a guest going elsewhere or a host! Does that make good mathematical sense??

Jac, we are being screwed to that God of economies! Airbnb knows full well there will be a lot of flack and a considerable amount of fallout from this but, it looks very much like it's a numbers game.....the decision has been made to discontinue cellular notifications and that is all there is to it. You will get some soothing talk...(There you go Robin, I have reset your notifications) ....but I am afraid, it's all cobblers!

Strap yourself in possum, we are in for a rough time and you know, the worst part about it is? After following Airbnb's advice to the letter you are going to be pinged for not responding to enquiries....as though it's all your fault, not theirs.....jeeezzzuuuuussss!!!!.... cheers.....Rob”

Thomas24
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks but I'm not sure how this is connected to the problem being dicussed, which is about being de-listed?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Thomas24 It is connected to this thread because it is part of a whole raft of issues that are creeping into the platform, and I was specifically asked by another post on this thread...."It's mental isn't it? what is happening with sms messaging??" Cheers...Rob

Nargess0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Jac0 this also happened to me, the bbc are doing a report regarding this

contact amirsadjady on 

twitter

Hi All,

Please see the article below from the BBC, UK. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35574971?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Regards

Guneet

Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thanks for the link. Just seen it on twitter and RT'd.

The take ABB gave to BBC still insinuates that de-listings were due to a 'quality control' issue and based on complaints from guests etc - which is, as far as I understand, simply untrue. And very unfair on hosts being tarred with that brush.

List with City Mundo instead! 🙂

Patrick, I have received the exact same emails as you.

I had also had 4.5 star reviews over 3 years, a not a single complaint. i also to not know what to do.

have you had any update?