LISTING REMOVAL / DE LISTED Please help Thank you.

Patrick9
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

LISTING REMOVAL / DE LISTED Please help Thank you.

I am in complete shock and disbelieve...Today after hosting hundreds of guests for more than 3 years on Airbnb

and having all 4, 4.5 and 5 stars...I received the following emails ie the first email at 9am in the morning with

the following content..

Dear Patrick,

Airbnb guests enjoy staying in local homes and enjoying authentic and unique travel experiences. Unfortunately, our systems have shown that the listing mentioned below is not delivering the kind of local hospitality experience guests are looking for. In line with our Terms of Service,

* LUXURY CHELSEA 24HR. CONCIERGE *

will be removed from our platform on 9 February 2016

Please understand that this determination was not made due to a single attribute, but an overall combination of various criteria.

You may continue to manage all of your bookings via our site until 9 February 2016. These bookings must be managed in accordance with our Hospitality Standards and Terms of Service.

After 9 February 2016, you will no longer be able to accept reservations for this specific listing and your listing will no longer appear in our search results.
 After 9 February 2016, you will still be able to use our site to manage your existing reservations as long as you comply with our Terms of Service.

You will not be able to relist this particular space on our platform. We regret to inform you about this. It is in the best interest of our community to uphold the standards and local and genuine experience they expect.

Best regards,

Airbnb Ireland

After calling the customer care team..how told me this is probably a phising email or a hack..and they will let the relevant team know,

several hours later I received the following email..

No reason explenation..or anything given...after 3 years and 4 - 5 star reviews..Who can help here or let me know what is happening and

why?? Any feeback and information re who do I have to contact to clarify this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Airbnb Customer Experience

Airbnb Quality Team, Jan 27, 07:12:

Dear Patrick,

We have received your message regarding your account. Our mission is to allow Airbnb guests to connect with hosts who provide local and authentic experiences that make the city a better place to live, work and visit. We routinely carry out initiatives for quality purposes and adherence to this mission. The outcome cannot be changed.

Regards,

Julian

Airbnb Quality Team
www.airbnb.com/help

Thank you for your help and support.

Patrick

30 Replies 30

Hi All,

I have read through this thread and believe I am experiencing something similar. 

I received this yesterday:

"Thank you for uploading your ID for our ID Verification process. Upon review, and given information uncovered pursuant to online public records, we have determined that it is in the best interest of Airbnb, and for the users on our site, to deactivate your account permanently. We realize that this may come as a disappointment and that you may have questions regarding this determination. We hope you understand that this decision is exercised at our sole discretion and that we are not obligated to provide an explanation as to the action taken against your account, nor are we liable to a user in any way with respect to deactivating or canceling his or her account.

Should you choose to dispute the decision, please submit any documents you think may be relevant to us, at no additional cost to Airbnb. We will forward those documents to our Legal Department for review before any decision regarding reinstatement of your account can be made.

Additionally, please understand that this removal will also entail the immediate termination of your pending or accepted bookings. As such, we may: communicate to your guests that a potential or confirmed booking has been cancelled; and 2) refer guests or potential guests to alternate accommodations which may be available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Has anyone else gotten messages like this? 

They are not respoding to my emails and are not telling me what "relevant documents" they want.

I had over 4 months of confirmed bookings. I'm really quite messed up over this at the moment. I have never had any complaints and operate legally.

The language they are using in their email is thinly veiled legalese for saying what they really mean.

I've relied on Airbnb and built my life around being a host. Not it has all been wiped away with no explanation.

Any similar stories or suggestions?