LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Answered!
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Does anybody know what this is?

Every time I connect with the community I find in my ACCOUNT ----> CONNECTED APPS:  Lithium Community.

Does anybody know if this is from ABB or not?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says 'Community Center'. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53
Margaret0
Level 8
Dublin, Ireland

yes it is

Thank you so much because I asked this to an "expert" in ABB and she didn't know.  

If you do a Google search for Lithium you will get a drug.  Do Lithium Community search rather and read thru the titles, you will find AirBnb mentioned in several.   Including this one, to me it is a odd heading with a Canada, Quebec mention ....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          '
North American Lithium 2019 (with Photos): Top 20 Places to ... - Airbnb
 Canada › Québec › La Corne
Jan 26, 2019 - Rent from people in North American Lithium, La Corne, Canada from $20/night. Find unique places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries.
"you will find North American Lithium 2019 (with Photos): Top 20 Places to ... - Airbnb"› Canada › Québec › La Corne
Jan 26, 2019 - Rent from people in North American Lithium, La Corne, Canada from $20/night. Find unique places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries.
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

I have the same thing on my account and I believe it was installed when I signed on to preview the new Community Group platform.

Same happened to me, but my account was also hacked nearly at the same time. That's why I needed to know for sure if this app is from ABB. It would have been nice if ABB informed us about this app.

I would be interested to know who has this app on their account also.

I just found it also it has been in effect since october.  Its a good think I have nothing to hide...

Hi Kim, It's not about whether or not one has anything to hide!

'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy
by Daniel J. Solove, George Washington University Law School
http://goo.gl/DMjTj

In this short essay, written for a symposium in the San Diego Law Review, Professor Daniel Solove examines the nothing to hide argument. When asked about government surveillance and data mining, many people respond by declaring, I've got nothing to hide.

According to the nothing to hide argument, there is no threat to privacy unless the government uncovers unlawful activity, in which case a person has no legitimate justification to claim that it remain private. The nothing to hide argument and its variants are quite prevalent, and thus are worth addressing. In this essay, Solove critiques the nothing to hide argument and exposes its faulty underpinnings.

READ MORE

http://bit.ly/KimberlyBhasNothingToHide

I have this on my account too and wondered what it was. You would think that if it is from ABB then it should be CALLED something to do with ABB so that we all don't get concerned!

Hi, Linda
Hope you're doing well there
Am new host on Airbnb and today I saw this app attached to my account. It is something to worry about?

Yep, it is tracking us for the community center. I will uninstall it.

It says it was downloaded in October 2015.

go to ShannonsABBStoryForum on F ace Book it is a Host Group

I have it on mine too. Please explain what it's doing? Collecting information? Why?

Hi !!!! Now I SEE THIS TOOOO..,BUT DID NOT SEE NEVER BEFORE....it is write from airbnb :

( "  

Community lithium

Disable access
Access your data (name and profile photo) · Access basic information about your profile (eg name, email address, and profile photo) · Send your messages directly to other users

Approved April 16, 2019 22:54   ") !!!

So please do yo know what will be if I turn of it ??? Tnx in advance and big kissss from Split !!!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Aqeel4  and @Goran70,

Welcome to the Community Center. My name is Lizzie and I am a Community Manager here in the Community Center.

I'm not sure if you have read my responses here, but I want to put your mind at rest and let you know that Lithium is the name of the platform that the Community Center is built on. The only reason you will see Lithium Community App showing in your 'Connected Apps' section on Airbnb is because you have come into the Community Center, so it is nothing to worry about. 

You are more than welcome to delete it from that section, but just to let you know if you come into the Community Center again it will show there again. 

If you have any further questions on this, please let me know and I hope you find this helpful. I hope to speak with you more around the Community Center. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.