LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Answered!
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Does anybody know what this is?

Every time I connect with the community I find in my ACCOUNT ----> CONNECTED APPS:  Lithium Community.

Does anybody know if this is from ABB or not?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says 'Community Center'. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53

Thanks for the clarification.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

I am hoping the Community Center becomes more than it is now.  There are a lot of features that Lithium offers which are not being implemented yet.

Here is an example of how Fitbit it using it: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Discussions/ct-p/discussions

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

GET OFF LITHIUM.

It is part of a network of personal data gathering and using apps!!!

It is disgusting that AirBnB is using it. Watch "The Great Hack" on Netflix

You will get a sense of what Lithium and Facebook and their analytic companies (like Cambridge Analytica) are doing gathering your 5000 points of personal data.. yes, to sell you things but also to control your AirBnB pricing, your viewing of social media, and ultimately, your voting or participating in your increasingly managed life!!!

SA-Nicola-0
Level 2
London, GB

I have just spotted this also in my apps whilst idling around the site. I have no idea what it is. I was also hacked earlier in the year, is this a leftover?

Shannon0
Level 6
North Charleston, SC

Maryam, OMG there you are. We have missed your presense go here and find us

http://tinyurl.com/z73dqt3

Allan-C-0
Level 3
New York, NY

Thank you all for the clarification.  I seen this and I was about to delete and decided to first go to the community message board..  This is a very helpful tool to have.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to see you nice comment @Allan-C-0! A warm welcome to you here. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you @Lizzie.   The community message board is very helpful.  

Hello, Lizzy and the airbnb community, I have only 2 and a half months as a host of Airbnb. What do you advise me to leave that app Lithium community or should I uninstall it? Thanks for your help in advance, a hug from NYC

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @D-Alejandro0,

Great to meet you. I hope you have enjoyed your first 2 and a half months of hosting.

I'm not sure how much you have read in this discussion. To provide you more information, the platform that our Community Center here is built on is called Lithium, so if you come into the Community Center, you will see 'Lithium Community' in your list of 'Connected Apps' in your Airbnb Settings. 

Based on this, it isn't anything to be worried about, it is just letting you know. If you decide to remove this from your 'Connected Apps' section, if you pop back into the Community Center, you are likely to see that appear there again.

I hope this helps and puts your mind at rest. If you have any other questions just let me know. 

I also hope you will continue to explore the Community Center, there is an amazing amount of information for new hosts. 🙂

Happy hosting. 

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for helped me to clarify this doubt , if u will visit NYC some day will be great to meet you 

happy holidays 

D.

Richard_Karen0
Level 3
Rotorua, New Zealand

Hi Lizzie

Just seen this post (started in 2015) for the same reason as many others - was about to delete "Lithium" from Connected Apps, It looks like the time is way over due for Airbnb to add a note on Connected Apps that to explain there presence or at least date added and by whom. I suspect this is unnecessarily wasting alot of hosts time.

Linda114
Level 2
Coolangatta, Australia

I have also seen this Lituium Community app in the Connected Apps in my account. I first noticed when I was looking for why my account was hacked and obscene lessages were sent to a guest of mine. Lithium is a prescribed drug for mental disorders and I would be surprised if it is the name of a legit tracking app. I deleted the app, changed my account, username and password, and browser. Have just checked again and it's back. If my account is hacked again, I will leave AirBnB because the security around this issue is not good enough.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Linda114,

Thank you for asking about this and I am sorry for your worry over this.

To provide you with a little more information, Lithium is the name of the platform the Community Center is built on. We don't refer to it that much here as it is the name of the tool – we normally just say the Community Center. 

The reason you saw the Lithium Community App appear again in your Connected App section as you removed it, is most likely because you visited again the Community Center to post here. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and if you have any further questions let me know.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

BS....Its what the Russians are using to hack into your system.  I was hacked and they attempted to take all of my money last night....I have emailed everyone and they have all but vanished!!!