LOCATION STAR RATING - Paused Listing

LOCATION STAR RATING - Paused Listing

AirBnb is totally brainless, We Hosts are disrespected.  First on my new NY listing I specifically requested a no refund policy.  So what does my first guest do (who had zero bookings & reviews) she gets into an argument with her boyfriend in the driveway then she takes off, and lies to AirBnb to get a full refund.  I have three listings am a Superhost with 60 reviews and I couldn’t believe that an AirBnb “case manager” takes the guests word over mine. Inevitably the guest left a scathing review.    

Today my listing is PAUSED due to a two star location rating.  I spoke with a “case manager” and explained that I have no control over the location.  The guests see the area on the map prior to booking.  If they don’t like the location of my property they shouldn’t have booked the property.   HOW CAN AIRBNB POSSIBLY HOLD A LOW LOCATION STAR RATING AGAINST US HOSTS?  

4 Replies 4
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@DorothyAnn0

That's horrible! Is it a one-time two star rating or overall? If it is overall, perhaps changes should be made to your description to set expectations upfront. For example, I am xx miles to the xx attraction. Or "while you need a car to get the nearest xxx, you will enjoy the serine surroundings without the city noise". On another note, and I know you did not ask, but I always find it best to remain calm and minimalistic in responses to guest reviews 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@DorothyAnn0 You are a Superhost with 60 reviews (in your two other properties I suppose) and accepted an inherently high-risk guest with no 'bookings or reviews' which turned out to be a  'hothead', the type most hosts are so leery off. And then (of course), you came into direct conflict with the worse side of Airbnb, who you had 'requested' a No-Refund-Policy, but didn't get?  What does that mean actually?

Your responds to two most recent guests were also quite combative and may not serve you well, for they will tend to spook, rather invite, future guests, for they show an uneven temperament. 

Not the end of the world, we learn by experience, if we are willing to listen. 

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@DorothyAnn0

Unfortunately we can't see the ratings you were given, but I would be very surprised if they have paused your listing for one 2* rating on location. I have received retalitory 1* ratings across the board and received a threaten to delist email but nothing ever happened. 

Not sure either what you mean by a no refund policy? You can set you listing up as strcit cancellation, but if the guest proves extenuating circumatances to Airbnb they ignore it anyway.

I have had a look at your reviews and what jumped out to me were your responses to the reviews from your guests. What I have learned on this forum is to not react to such comments and not to retaliate in public. It is not a good look for future hosts as it can make you look quite aggressive.

Lower your expectations for Airbnb. Use them purely as a booking platform. Nothing else. Anything extra they give you consider it a bonus.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

So only way to unpause is to speak to Customer Service? No other way?