Lack of Reservations in November

Nick90
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Lack of Reservations in November

Hey everyone! 

So we host, a lot.  Our place is at a rock bottom price and we have great reviews.  I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble filling up November?  Typically every day is booked and now November only like 12 days are booked.  I'm reviewed my stats, just got awared superhost again, so I think I am doing everything I need to do...Any ideas?  Is November typically a slow month?

V/R,

Nick & Angelica

Colorado Springs, Co

10 Replies 10

Yes. We were booked solid all last summer. Never a weekend without a guest. The first weekend in November was booked, then nothing, until Christmas guests. I think that will be the case this year too. We generally use that time to make repairs. This year we will have the laundry room floor resurfaced, which entails a big mess and moving lots of heavy equipment. That's hard to do with people here. Give yourself a break.

From now to Christmas is my dead time, thought I might get some Hunters, but not many.

How did you do last November?

Do you know why most people stay with you, is it seasonal?

David
Pamela102
Level 1
Mount Martha, Australia

Yes we haven't had ANY enquiries/bookings from airbnb for 6 months!  All our bookings are coming from Stayz, what goes on with airbnb?????

pamela, over a year since you posted. are you still air bnb'ing? we have done summer holiday renting of our place in MM but trying to find out more about airbnb, worthwhile? and over winter?? Bo
Holly43
Level 3
Denver, CO

I am a new host up in Denver. Within 36 hours of listing my space on October 10, every single day for the rest of the month was booked solid. However, I still have not received a single booking or inquiry for the month of November. I'm guessing it must be off season for Colorado hosts! 

I did search a bit, and statistically November and December have the lowest hotel occupancy rates and prices in those two months in Denver as well. 

I am seeing the same problem.  We generally book at least 20-25 nights per month throughout most of the year, then basically nothing in November, and less than nothing for December.  Even Christmas week, not a single inquiry or booking.  Is something broken in the system?  It seems hard to believe that things are this slow.

Cayce0
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been hosting since March of 2013 and the fall and winter of 2017 was by far the slowest and 2018 is not looking as busy either.  Colorado Springs seems like it's getting saturated with hosts charging rock bottom prices. 

We started this november with only one booking,  but by the time the end of the month, we were nearly fully booked!  It has been our busiest month yet!  Don't know why...just odd things bringing people in.

Deb179
Level 1
Denver, CO

It’s January 2019 in Denver  and our Air Bnb sits waiting for bookings after a busy summer. What are the booking trends? When will it pick up again?!?!

Henry201
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am a host too. Located in LA, but lately very slow. not even half of the month.