Lack of comms with claims resolution team

Allison419
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Lack of comms with claims resolution team

I have had an ongoing claim with the resolution team now for 3 + months. The adjustor came over 6 weeks ago and airbnb sent my settlement offer. They asked me to sign an agreement which I did and sent it back. Despite over 10 emails and numerous phone calls nobody from the team gets back to me. It’s taking so much of my time and getting pretty stressful. Any ideas how I contact someone directly in the resolution team - seems impossible. 

2 Replies 2
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Allison419 

Sorry, but that's the system. You may never receive any reply, or if you do, it may not provide any relief. Or perhaps your listing could be suspended because the guest you're claiming against writes a fabricated retaliatory review. Or something else inexplicable. 

Vet your guests carefully before they book. And if after that, they still cause damage or defraud you in some way, work it out amicably between you, or if it's minor, just chalk it up to experience. No sense in adding insult to injury. 

It's always better (and safer) to avoid Airbnb intervention whenever possible, if for no other reason than to avoid the frustration.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Allison419, thank you for placing this here. I'm sending this over to the team as we speak. I hope they'll get back to you ASAP. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen