Las vegas market

Sultan4
Level 2
United States

Las vegas market

Hello everyone,

Im considering to buy a condo just right away behind the strip and list it on airbnb so is it worth this kind of investment waiting for your help thank you

5 Replies 5
Zandra1
Level 2
Houston, TX

Hello All,

i would like to know if you MUST  be a resident of Las Vegas to have an AIRBNB property in Las Vegas?

No. 

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Most condos are in an hoa. Read the ccrs. Most will not allow short term rentals. Regarding if its worth the investment depends on your return compared to other investments. This one has more involved costs of time and stress and the initial investment can be hundreds of thousands.  Your return just has to pay a bit above the mortgage, utilities and cleaning company fees. Previously one room could bring in $500-1000 a month. Now its closer to the $500 mark a room netting you $2000 a month if youre booking them 20 days a month on average. If you get a 2bd/2bd youd be lucky to get $100 a night if you rented the whole place out. 

Do the math before investing in short term rentals. Its the smaller long term costs that will make or break you. I know from experience and i live on site. 

it's a horrible market and atmosphere for this kind of investment 😞

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/New-Ordinance-in-Las-Vegas/td-p/432344

A--J--Family-And-Hosts-0
Level 2
California, United States

We are all so grateful to airbnb after housing crash.  Thanks to airbnb for making America great again.