Last minute booking - cancellation policy

Answered!
Dora31
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Last minute booking - cancellation policy

Hi all, I got a very quick question.

My cancelation policy is strict which means there is a 48h grace period (full refund), and guest can cancel within 48 hours of booking and they also get a refund. I usually receive last minute bookings: 1 day prior to check-in or same day check-in.

Is the grace period/48h cancelation policy applies to last minute bookings as well if the there is 24h or less between reservation and check-in?

thanks

dora

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dora31,

The "Strict - Free cancellation for 48 hours" policy terms still mention the 14 days in advance requirement.

Then, for the 48 hour grace period to apply, the reservation must be made at least 14 days before the checkin date or elst the 48 grace period will not apply. Thaw would mean that it doesn't apply in the case of reservations made on the day of checkin or on the day before checkin.

The full terms can be seen below.

Steve.

Screenshot (121).png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dora31,

The "Strict - Free cancellation for 48 hours" policy terms still mention the 14 days in advance requirement.

Then, for the 48 hour grace period to apply, the reservation must be made at least 14 days before the checkin date or elst the 48 grace period will not apply. Thaw would mean that it doesn't apply in the case of reservations made on the day of checkin or on the day before checkin.

The full terms can be seen below.

Steve.

Screenshot (121).png

@Steve143

I have the same question about Moderate cancelation policy. And also - have you seen what is this new proposal that we might earn momey even when guests cancel - it sais - when they would agree at 10% discount and cancel - money for cleaning is not refundable.

Hello @Lilly28,

While the full details page of the moderate policy doesn't show the 48 hours period on the graphics the "Read more about the policy" link on the listing page does.

There it shows it like below. As the 48 hours is shown in a line before the "5 days" period I presume that the guest can get a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of making the reservation provided that the checkin date is more than 5 days away.

To be sure, you may wish to ask Airbnb support.

I've read reports of various new changes to policies where hosts can offer discounts to guests who if they don't cancel, options to offer that guests can pay more if they want a flexible policy etc.

My listing isn't currently available to rent oon Airbnb so I haven't experienced these changes. From the various reports here it looks like Airbnb is experimenting with different options in different areas.

Steve.

Screenshot (122).png