Last minute cancellations

Pam1620
Level 1
Skipton, United Kingdom

Last minute cancellations

Hi I am new to Air B & B in UK

I have recently had 2 cancellations with only a couple of days warning and no real excuse. I was advised with Covid-19 and other uncertainties to have a no charge policy but I think some people are booking different options and then choosing at the last minute! I would like to leave a comment or review but as they have not arrived it seems I cannot. Any ideas? What are others doing about very last minute cancellations?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pam1620 The only thing you can do is to move to strict cancellation policy. Airbnb don't care about an individual host but just want to make money so they recommend all sorts of silly things including the flexible cancellation policy and the very low price tips.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Pam1620 When I started getting last minute cancelations, I changed from flexible to moderate. Recently host also have the option to let guest cancel for full refund, and if its day of check in both guest and host can leave a review. 

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#moderate 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pam1620  "I was advised with Covid-19 and other uncertainties to have a no charge policy"

Advised by whom? Airbnb's computer bot? Ignore Airbnb suggestions like that, their price tips, their urging to accept last minute bookings, etc. None of that is to the host's advantage, it's just guest pandering.

Change your policy to at least moderate. The only hosts for whom a flexible policy would be okay are those who don't really care if the unit sits empty or those whose listings consistently get last-minute bookings, for instance if it is near an airport or on a driving route where people would need o'nite accommodations on a road trip.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I have had 4 cancellations in the last 10 days. I think people are worried about lockdowns coming back and/or worried about the Delta variant, **

**[Content hidden due to its unverifiable or misleading nature]