Late review

David-and-Amanda1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Late review

My Christmas guests sent me a great review but it was after the 14 day period had expired, so the link did not work for them. How can I get their text up on my review list; I really want it there to assist my viewers.

Thanks

David

21 Replies 21
Caitlin162
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Annoyed by this limit! I wanted to leave a review for the host but we were still travelling so I was not accessing email. Went to write it today and I'm unable to. Frustrating AirBnB!!

It was truly a pleasure to be hosted by Kanini. She's indeed a remarkable host always seeking to see how she can make her guests comfortable and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a host.

I think Airbnb should extend their period of review keeping in mind people have limitations especially with  accessing wifi.  Just a thought for Airbnb.  Please consider that people may still be traveling to different places and want to give their reviews but as I just found out that the window is closed and therefore cannot give my review.

The host would still be pleased for you to send her this review you posted above as a private message, letting her know that you unfortunately missed the review deadline. She could use it as a photo caption or on her direct booking website if she has one..

And while I realize some people may be in remote locations with no access to Wifi, it seems like in this day and age , it would be pretty unusual for someone to have zero Wifi access for 14 straight days.

@Catherine2429

Patricia3204
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

I have been using Airbnb for many years and have without exception left reviews for all my hosts as I know how important they are. I am the type of traveller who will read ALL reviews before booking, no matter how many there are. Today however, as I was about to leave a review on the last day of the 14 day deadline, I was told it was too late even though there are 8 hours left in my day.  

@Patricia3204  The review period is counted from the exact time you receive the notice to review. So if you got the notice at 3PM on your check-out day, the review window will end at 3PM 14 days later. It isn't a matter of it being 4 PM your time and having 8 hours left until the day is over at midnight.

Sorry you missed  the deadline, but thanks for leaving reviews for your hosts. I review all my guests, too. And since I get lovely guests, it's a pleasure to leave them nice, 5* reviews.

Thanks @Sarah977  for the info. In the meantime I will take another member’s advice and send a screenshot of our review to our host who was wonderful so that he can add it to his photos if he so wishes. Take care,