Late review

David-and-Amanda1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Late review

My Christmas guests sent me a great review but it was after the 14 day period had expired, so the link did not work for them. How can I get their text up on my review list; I really want it there to assist my viewers.

Thanks

David

21 Replies 21
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @David-and-Amanda1 ,

If your guests did not use the review-link to write the review, then the text can not be publiced anymore on your listing or profile.

Best regards,Emiel

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@David-and-Amanda1 there is no way to add it after the 14 days have passed. You could screen shot it and add it as a picture in your listing, if you really want to have it included somewhere. 

@David-and-Amanda1, I have never heard of anyone being able to have a review posted if the time limit had expired.

Please let these guests know that your appreciate their fine review, but in the future they should not delay if they want their review to help the host.

She had been in email contact with me but ended up in hospital for an operation. It’s abbunmer as my big rental is Christmas, we made it really special, the family reunion visit went well, she loved it and I wanted the review before the spring bookings start.

i really can’t see why a great review gets disqualified because 2 weeks pass?

@David-and-Amanda1, the reason they put a time limit on it is for when only one side (guest or host only) writes a review: they can't wait forever for the other side to write a review.

AirBnB some time ago decided 14 days was a reasonable time frame to publish.

How long do you think AirBnB should wait to publish the review if only one side writes one?

BTW, the suggestion to take a screen shot of the review and add it to your photos is a very good one. I have seen it done and it is a good way to highlight an especially favorable review.

I’d have thought a month?

The desire to know what the other side wrote is not so big, but also my guests have often been touring from as far away as NZ so take a while to get home and settled.

why waste a great review?

If you really want that review to be posted somehow, you only have one option:

1. You can screenshot the messaged review and post it as a photo and captioned it: “this is what some guests say about our airbnb” 

exactly and that is what happen with my guest too

i feel you and i feel frustrating about it  2 weeks is not enough

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David-and-Amanda1 @Emiel1  @Matthew285

As others have pointed out David 14 days is it.......that is the allowable limit for the leaving of a review.

I understand fully your frustration but look at the other side of the coin!

At the moment there are many thousands of hosts sweating on whether they are going to get their Superhost status or not. The cut off point for this assessment was 31st December and notifications do not go out until the 14th January! This is so that hostings that were completed in the last week of December have time to post their reviews. To many of those hosts they may be depending on that one review to reach the required criteria for Superhost....should all these people have to wait until February or perhaps March!!

David there will always be someone who wants to 'push the choke' ....get that extra bit of time, so the line has been drawn, and 14 days is that line.....no exceptions.

I am sorry but that is the way it is!

Now there is a way around this! You still have message contact with the guest and you can send the guest an invitration to leave a reference for you. Here is the link for the leaving of a reference.

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/references

Via that link your guest can leave a reference through the Facebook page but, once you approve that reference it will appear on your profile page directly below your reviews.

David it is not as good as a review but it is the next best thing.

Cheers....Rob

David-and-Amanda1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

I have done the photo suggestion as I do not have a Facebook account.

Many thanks to a greta community

David

thank you all you guys for the options in this case i will do it too, 

about the criteria if  14 days is enough or not, i will just let my point of view, i have my beach house in airbnb but also i  own a beach hotel ,  and top 1 in trip advisor over 100 business  the experience  has shown the way,   we as person behave and  that is , if you get bad experience you will take  1 nano-second to post  a bad review, if you are so happy ,  the guest will let you know in person, by email, by whatsapp,  pictures, but  as they are still traveling they take the time to post it on the website you really need, EVENTOUGH  you insist couple times by email to do it but they are on vacation and it is not nice to  be so intensive 

it is really hard work about it, 

so i am surprised Airbnb with the whole experience, they decide just 2 weeks,  as the deadline,  i mean that really bother them ?? 

i know,  if that is the rule, i must play with that rule but doesn´t mean has technical criteria based on this hospitality industry , not at all, anyhow  once again thank you for all the tips 

Megan202
Level 2
Auckland, NZ

I had a bad experience in Dunedin but couldn't give a review as my phone woualdn't work properly and was bacck at my computer too late.  Also, I would like to see some sort of check on peoples homes. This place was not a bit welcoming, bedroom linen so crumpled that I had not idea whether I was the first or 10th to get into the sheets, the hosts used the bedroom as a satorage area for their belongings, stained carpet and we were refused milk for coffee late in the afternoon after being out and about . Was told that the milk was only for breakfast.!!  Butter clopped up so finedly and then only enough to spread on 2 pieces of toast even tho we were given 6 slices.  Yet, reviews were good for these hosts. I suspect they were all young people and this was just a step up from a Youth Hostel.  I did manage to get thru to Airbnb in Phillipines who were understanding but   I suspect nothing would have been put on their site. Airbnb offered to request a  refund from the hosts but it wasn't about the money.   Places should have someone to check suitability,  but then again, if reviews are good.  We were 2 older ladies in mour 70's and this place was definitely not suitable for anyone over 20 !

Megan

Jayne84
Level 2
Ste. Genevieve, MO

All my guest responds within 1 day. Last guest 24hr no Review trying to get to super host any other experiences