Latest Scam hosts beware

Latest Scam hosts beware

Having been a host for several years we have just experienced our first scam. Seems any guest can turn off your internet router. Take pictures of their computer and then at the end of their visit break or otherwise make the wifi not work. Air BNB will automatically take 25 percent off the entire visit or %50 per day out of the host account. There are no questions asked and nothing the hosts can do to get the moneys back.

We are not sure how to avoid this in the future............any reccomendations??

Thanks

John

23 Replies 23
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

Hi @Ab1:

>any reccomendations<

-> Main recommendation: Check frecuently gest via AirBnB platform: "Hi , everything okay? Please remember to tell any malfunction or missing items you note".

-> Learn about router reset, have a programmed spare router available for change

-> Document everything

-> Be honest in the guest evaluation so future hosts understand

-> Flag guest in his profile

Regards + Happy New Year

Michael 

Saludos
Michael

Will do!

LET ME TELL YOU HOST AS YOU ARE TAKING ABOUT GUEST MY COMPANY HAS BEEN RIPED OFF BY AIR B AND B AND WE ARE GONG TO THE  GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA FOR STRICTER LAWS FOR THE HOST TO REFUND MONEY WHEN YOU CANCLE IN LESS THAN 24 HRS AND NOT KEEPING OR REFUNDING ANY OF IT AND CLEANING FEES BULL**bleep**, I HAVE HAD TO CLEAN ALL THE PLACES  I STAYED AND THEN  HAVE SOME PALACES NOT EVEN READY WHEN I GOT THERE!       I HOPE TO SHUT DOWN AS MANY OF THESE TYPE OF PLACES AS POSSIBLE AND GET  WITH OUR LOCAL GOVERMENT SO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES GETTING RIPED OFF, THE GUEST HAVE MANY PROBLEMS WHERE THEY STAY AND NO ONE TO GO TO.

Oh shut up.

You took the words out of my mouth!

@Jim416 wrote:
Oh shut up.

How welcoming. Lol. New movement to arrest scamming hosts. Want to join in.

Try lower case and grammar, your message was so difficult to read and I cannot support what you were trying to say.  Perhaps a hotel would be a better choice for you when holidaying.  

Don't worry, @Jayne94 : The message you answered to, is > 6 months old.

Saludos
Michael

@Michael0 As the message is still available to see it my choice to reply

Julia3493
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

ya me too Jayne! its 2022 and Im just getting INTO this thread haha. kudos to you

Julia3493
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

yessss. Im going to quote you on a recent situation Im having. T

hank you. 

or ( for my situation as a host)  " Maybe something closer to civilization where theres never power outages or scary things like neighbours with flashlights or maybe somewhere someone can hold your hand you obviously manic moron with no common sense, would better suit you, all the best! J"    thanks. I needed to vent so bad hahah. oh that felt good

Im so new to air B and B and couldn't find the venting place. I guess I did 😉   I can sleep well now. One good vent can go A long way.

@Pamela391  Rant much?  What's up with the all caps?  Nobody is going to take that serious.  😛

Know you as host are making money from offering your place as a cheap crashpad. More airbnb people who pay hosts are at risk to lose money. Host is a misnomer.  Enjoy running your airbnb which I see does not include breakfast. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You do not seem to have a listing.

Has been mentioned a few times, I will leave the box ticked for now, however mine does go out and if I ever have such a claim then I will remove it as a specific item and mention it as here but service not guaranteed.

David