Latex pillows? Recommendation on pillows

Kate536
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Latex pillows? Recommendation on pillows

Hello,

I have been hosting for just a little less than 2 months now. I started with pretty decent pillows which were medium price range with medium support (hollow fiber material). I also provided goose feather cushions (which initially were intended as decorative purpose). Recently, I realized that my guests are using pillows and cushions to sleep which probably means that the pillows don't provide enough support anymore! 

I was thinking of changing to latex pillows as they last longer and are comfortable. I am also considering feather and down pillows but I am a little concerned about some guests who may be allergic. For myself, I use memory foam pillow which is very comfortable, but I know not everyone likes the firmness of memory foam pillows. 

Could you please share your experiences with pillows and guests feedback? 

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kate536  I am one of those people that has a very specific pillow preference that leads me to pack my own pillow even if I am staying at a 4 star hotel 😄  I also provide a variety of pillow types so the guest can choose.  I do not include memory foam, however.  

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Kate536, I don't really have any input on pillows, but I would seriously stay away from latex.

Actually amazing to me that they are even made because this is not an uncommon allergy, and the reactions can be bad.

Best,

Kim

@Kate536 We provide memory foam and organic cotton pillows.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Linda108  I hear ya there- I always pack my own pillow as well 🙂

@Kate536  As others have said, I also provide a choice of pillows for guests- I have some thicker feather pillows and some thinner hypo-allergenic dacron fill ones. 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kate536 For each guest I provide one duck feather and down pillow and one hollow fibre pillow - all from M and S.  I also have some anti allergenic pillows, also from M and S, and an anti allergenic duvet which guests with allergy problems can request when booking.  I also bought some light cotton zip up pillow protectors online from The White Company which are fantastic - I  can recommend them.  I would avoid latex like the plague!

@Kate536

I provide an average medium support hypoallergenic pillow and an extra cushion. Latex....I think is either love or hate so I'd avoid that for guests and also anything that could cause allergies. Whatever you end up buying I suggest you stick to hypoallergenic products.