Laundry service costs

Answered!
Mary573
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Laundry service costs

Laundry is killing me!  

My cleaners are charging me over $50 per load of laundry.  My recent guests used a ton of linens.  

The cleaners did 4 loads.  You can do the math.  

Does anyone have a cleaver idea to help me decrease laundry costs?

1 Best Answer
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

From afar, it seems pointless to advertise you cleaning business here, since it's absolutely useless to us, and most others on this forum, because they're nowhere near your 10 sq. Km patch on the planet. Out of 1000 views of your post, you'd be lucky to get >one< anywhere near you. 

So, regarding the topic, "cleaning fees" are "problematic", we just hide it in the price. 

Yes, laundry and cleaning is expensive. But I've found that people would rather pay a higher per night rate than pay extra for cleaning.

And when they "pay" for "cleaning", they tend to not bother tidying up on departure, leaving the place messy with lots of dirty dishes, don't bother with the rubbish, etc. But if it's included in the price, most will try to tidy up before departure. Some obsessively. 

Now, I realise that this probably wouldn't make sense unless you're  "whole house" listing. But we are, and these have been our observations. 

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

I'm a cleaner and I dont charger for laundry and honestly I'm losing time and money. I can't let every airbnb home run my personal washer and dry and supplies down for free. Or if I gave to take it to the Laundry mat I'm basically paying for the guest stuff to be washed out of my pay vs the airbnb host. How did you implement a laundry fee to your host? 

Samuel91
Level 2
Tarneit, Australia

Thanks so much for your advice 

Gail262
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Hi owners! I am in Phoenix AZ (and surrounding area) and i would like to offer my affordable laundry service thru laundry care (www.laundrycare.biz) please specifically request Gail Marks 🙂 its $30 per 13 gallon size bag for wash/dry/fold and its a standard 48 hour turnaround. for a 24 hour turnaround prices increase to $39 per 13 gallon size bag. please let me know if i can help out! thank you! gailmarks18@gmail.com

How much laundry is in a bag?  I'm checking out this service in another city and I think I might need 4 bags.  My cleaner usually loads up a black large trash bag.

Grace469
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Oakland and East Bay hosts! Family Laundry www.familylaundry.com offers great door-to-door laundry service. Free pick up and drop off, same day wash-and-fold, if you schedule a pick up by 9AM. You fill up a 30lb bag (up to 3-4 loads) for $49 fixed price (+29 per additional bag). Feel free to reach out to info@familylaundry.org- new clients get $20 discount, mention AirBNB and they'll send you the discount code. 

Angie349
Level 1
Nashville, TN

ARS Nashville, TN

Wow, I'm stunned at the laundry prices.  I clean Airbnb's and do the laundry.  I charge $50.00 for a one bedroom which is a full strip of everything and restocking(this includes laundry).  I usually take the laundry out and wash  it at my house.  It's quicker than waiting for the laundry to be done on the property.  

I really like this site.  Definitely great information.  Can't wait to share with all my property owners how good they have it. 

Robert1856
Level 2
Woodbridge, VA

Whether your a guest or host, Zipstant is my go to for Dry Cleaning ad well as Laundry. It's a pickup and Delivery service that picks up and delivers to where you choose. 

Robert1856
Level 2
Woodbridge, VA

I forgot to mention that's it's only available in the Virginia DC area. Download the APP. Zipstant

Annie1306
Level 2
Westmont, IL

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Annie1306 

It's against the terms of this community for businesses like yours to join just to advertise your services/business.

Please don't keep spamming our forum.

And before you say it - yes I know others also spam the forum but mods don't always catch them all....and it doesn't make it right.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

From afar, it seems pointless to advertise you cleaning business here, since it's absolutely useless to us, and most others on this forum, because they're nowhere near your 10 sq. Km patch on the planet. Out of 1000 views of your post, you'd be lucky to get >one< anywhere near you. 

So, regarding the topic, "cleaning fees" are "problematic", we just hide it in the price. 

Yes, laundry and cleaning is expensive. But I've found that people would rather pay a higher per night rate than pay extra for cleaning.

And when they "pay" for "cleaning", they tend to not bother tidying up on departure, leaving the place messy with lots of dirty dishes, don't bother with the rubbish, etc. But if it's included in the price, most will try to tidy up before departure. Some obsessively. 

Now, I realise that this probably wouldn't make sense unless you're  "whole house" listing. But we are, and these have been our observations. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It is indeed pointless to spam an international forum in the majority of cases, but sadly this doesn't stop these spammers, cluttering up our forum with their ads 😞 @Elaine701 

I am not from Spain but I do own my own cleaning company and we only charge for to do linen services for Cozy Suites is $2.00 per unit wash dry fold and put away 

Annie1306
Level 2
Westmont, IL

@Helen3 Thank you for your opinion and harsh communication on a topic that was clearly trying to get information about as for some of the struggles for hosts/owners of Airbnb. As this is a market research project in order to understand and find viable solutions. Asking a question on a forum isn’t a spam or advertisement, it’s a form of communication. If it doesn’t apply to you why don’t you just move on in your life? 

Annie1306
Level 2
Westmont, IL

@Helen3 AND if you’re reading any of the string of communication to this topic you will notice MANY ads and others reaching out to share not only their business solutions but clearly an ad which is still posted here. That’s your spam. I didn’t advertise, I asked a question regarding the pains and costs of laundry and would a service be of value if in the area. Obviously you’re on a specific topic for this forum yet it doesn’t apply to you.