Lease

Lughano0
Level 2
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Lease

Hello everybody I have a 3 bedroom apartment   I want to be able to lease it whole as a flat  Or Incase somebody needs one room or two rooms What should I do?

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lughano0You need to set up three seperate listings: one for one room, one for two rooms,  and one for the whole apartment. You will need to link the calendars together so that if someone rents one of the room options, someone can't book the entire apartment for the same dates. Here is a tutorial on how to do that:

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings .

@Alexandra316 Thank you very Much

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lughano0  I see you have already set up three listings.  Good for you to use the help from @Alexandra316 so quickly.  I see that your description includes contact information that has been eliminated by Air BNB.  It is better to stay within the Air BNB communication system then to offer your personal phone or email.  This allows you to have a thread of communication with the guest that you and Air BNB can access easily.

I am a little confused by your descriptions of the private room listings.  Is your place a studio and people sleep in common spaces or do you have bedrooms?  If a guest is using the one bedroom are the other sleeping arrangements blocked?   You need more description about the guest experience and access to the shared space I think.

Good luck with your new business!

Lughano0
Level 2
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

@Linda108 Thank you very much for your advice I do have have bedrooms, My plan is to block other sleeping arrangements when I have a guest using a single room .I am doing this so as the guests should be cormfotable  When they are at my place.

Do you find this okay?

Makes sense, I think.  So when it is single you use the space without the bedrooms so the guest has what in the US is called a studio apt.  That way the guest has full access to all the space but the bedrooms, right?   Now if there are two bedrooms booked, it appears that the guest has access to the rest of the apt as well, right?  Are you there?  How is this different from the entire apartment listing?  I am not usually so dense, @Lughano0 :P.  Sorry

Lughano0
Level 2
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

When it is single the guest has access to a single bedroom and the rest of the apartment