Leaving as a host

Clare167
Level 10
United Kingdom

Leaving as a host

Just to say goodbye, friends. For some months now, I have been extending my snooze, and ignoring the messages urging me to agree to the enhanced cleaning, waiting to see how things will go. Now they tell me that my calendar is blocked for not agreeing. It feels like a good moment to leave. Of course, I shall still be a guest from time to time. I know that many hosts are great, and one of the things I have picked up from participating in this forum is some ideas on how to tell which they are. Thank you, and so long!

16 Replies 16

We have basically zero Covid transmission here in Australia, yet are expected to jump the same hoops as hosts in locations with high risk. It is the arrogance of Airbnb coercing a global policy that offends me. We are perfectly capable of following local health regulations that change depending on the level of risk. I am 8 year Superhost, and my calendar is now blocked because I won't be bullied into this ridiculousness 😞

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

The aspect of the enhanced cleaning protocol I find most irksome is its inherent anti-intellectualism. It's nothing more than a talisman, a good luck charm to ward off the evil eye of Covid.

Hosts have no problem with following evidence-based practices that safeguard the wellbeing of guests. However, being forced to not only perform, but also publicly endorse these pointless, superstitious 'Covid exorcisms' is a step too far for many.