Leaving review for a guest that just checked out

Kevin133
Level 1
Austin, TX

Leaving review for a guest that just checked out

Guests checked out yesterday.  Since they "upgraded" the app here I can't find anywhere that will let me leave a review for them on the desktop app. Help button sends me to my reviews. It gives me the history of reviews, mine and the guests. But the leave review field tells me I have nothing to review. Since the upgrade, I have to wait for the guest to review first before it will let me review them.  Used to be able to review first. Where did they move that field? 

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kevin133 You're incorrect in your belief that you have to wait for the guest to review before you can review them. Not true at all. What you do have to wait for is AirBnB's notification that you can review the guest. Lately, I've found that notice to arrive any time from hours *before* the guest is due to leave to a day and a half *after* the guest has left. Any explanation for that odd range eludes me, other than to say that AirBnB's coding is among the worst I've encountered in 25+ years in the software biz. (It should be simpler than simple to have the notice sent to the host at *exactly* the guest's checkout time, or two hours later, or 4 hours later, or whatever.) Their code is, in a word, simply BAD. I'm used to that by now and I've set my expectations sufficiently low that I don't get bothered much; I just deal with it.

So, anyway, just be patient. You'll eventually be notified that it's time to review the guest.

Thanks DeDe.  I'm actually the property manager but I run the place through Kevin's account.  I get the phone alerts and he gets the emails. I do eventually get a phone alert from airbnb. Last two didn't come in until after the guest left a review.  Good to know it's not because I couldn't find the correct menu. 

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kevin133 I also suggest that you use the web site for most functions instead of just relying on the phone app. The app, which much improved in the last 6 months, is still not as functional or reliable as the web site.

I use the web app almost exclusively. The phone app is really buggy on my phone.