Legal action against Airbnb for stolen reservations

Legal action against Airbnb for stolen reservations

Airbnb locked out my hosting account on March 16th, 2020, without a reason and canceled all future reservations.

On April 11th, they accepted that they made a mistake and they fully restored my account. They paid the full amount for the incorrectly canceled reservations for between March 16th to April 14th. And they told me that they will try to rebook the future reservations with a check-in date is later than April 14th.

However, later they stated that they will only pay for a fraction of the total amount of the reservations with a check-in date between April 14th to April 21st and there will be no payment for the reservations after that. I’d like to clarify that these cancelations are not related to any extenuating circumstances or COVID-19. These are not canceled by the guests. Airbnb has already accepted its mistake and they stated that these reservations were canceled incorrectly by them.

So, they are making only about $752 payment for more than $30,000 worth of reservations. Moreover, they are rejecting reissuing my superhost status that I desevered before they had cancelled my account incorrectly.

Now I am taking this case to the court and I just wanted to let other hosts know about what kind of company we are dealing with.

I’ll keep you updated.

23 Replies 23
Paul60
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Unfortunately we all know what type of company we're dealing with.  Best of luck with your case.

Airbnb are Snakes.
Onder17
Level 3
Boston, MA

Airbnb is becoming the biggest real estate mafia in the world. This is unacceptable. Good luck with your case and keep us updated.

Birce0
Level 2
Boston, MA

Airbnb seems it completely lost the control over the host management. 

Fiona585
Level 1
Gibsons, Canada

Seems they just locked out my comment!!

Evren6
Level 2
İzmir, Turkey

I don't want to believe that's true but we are talking about a company that changes the rules in the middle of the game.

This is exactly the main illegality of Airbnb's actions.  By their own terms of service any modifications should only be enacted 30 days after notifying Hosts.  Of course they did not do that at all with the initial COVID-19 cancellation policy, and all the many subsequent modifications to that policy.  It should be an easy win in arbitration for all these cancellations based upon this, but Airbnb is betting that most Hosts will not file for arbitration.  Airbnb knows very well that they are in violation their own terms, but made this strategic decision in order to hold onto the money.   Even if a fraction of gets file for arbitration and Airbnb settles with them, Airbnb still comes out ahead when it's all said and done.

Billy106
Level 4
Lancaster, CA

I hope you get them good in court and they get a massive fine

Jonathan1257
Level 5
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Airbnb is at the mercy of its investors. $2b raised at junk rate, revenue wiped out for 2020. $650m loss last year. It's a game of never ending catch me up costs. WeWork part 2, minus the nutter at the top.

TheoDora7
Level 2
Washington, DC

Yes, to the comment about changing the rules in the middle of the game. I went to check cancellation policies and the "Strict" one has become considerably less strict, and we were never notified of such changes, which, in light of the current crisis, have big repercussions. Shame on them. 

Nicholas231
Level 2
Chatham, NJ

Good thread

bad events

truth of Airbnb and they won’t learn until

they get hit legally

Nicholas231
Level 2
Chatham, NJ

We were hosts , and was at the month to be handed super host status.

sharing a quick feedback to support / of our opinions of Airbnb support, lack of being true tot he community of hosts, and just the corporate greed who financially gains but never truly wishes to help us succeed when the costs are too high for them

to wish to cover . Which we know they truly can, and from the monetary amounts we have given to the platform and we love the network of hosts and guests, but the makers of the network never truly follow even their own policies and rules and leave us hosts and guests to fend on their own, we will be ok. Theirs a reason we have made status of housing hosts , but once you use a life

time value of us the customer or employee with out net assets on the line , they will

never back you up!”

Contacting support with continued documented correspondence, apologies for some of our poor communications past months given our stresses scenarios and Airbnb’s inability to properly handle our issues, non compliance of Airbnb’s rules and regulations , disagreed and non payments of a mid 60 Day reservation causing our condo to be damaged , and Airbnb withholding our payments , against policy , as well As never addressing any issues
Pertaining that guest , with our now personal trip to our Florida’s condo , documented the referred tenant and the condo asssoication And neighbors statement of her rules breaking in. My condo, the condo associations rules , criminal activity, Airbnb policies to list the main concerns . But was more troubling is that when we needed to to report the issue and regain compensation we were neglected. From being a super host category with numbers and stats and approval ratings the
Way they were and the losing time history of us and e commerce and now
Airbnb we are disappointed no resolution was Made civilly from employee to employees and from such a large corporation it’s understanding given the size and magnitude and widespread area you maintain, but you lost us as an future host or even renter on your site As , no true support was give. Even to the small side of communicating to us, the heights we went in to spend our time to solve such a small Problem, being pay the proper payout, cover the damages and maybe to our loss of income afterwards as we now have shut down all operations and future ones with you, with 4-6 coming rentals we cancelled as it’s not about the small issue but principal but the and practices of your company lost our lifetime value. And was never for us about monetary but the joy of sharif life and joy with people of all walks of life. We loved the idea but your platform
Lead us to walk away happily from your network as we still have any rentals going forward if we like and more places to list to share with travelers but it’s Airbnb who lost our faith , disappointment to the max for the time work and resume with you to be thrown away and misheard for what we wanted to show was our given right from your own written policies .”

Zehra-Hazal0
Level 1
Malden, MA

This greed will bring the end of this company. 

@Zehra-Hazal0  Yes I agree however it is possibly to be highly efficient and satisfy investment stakeholders as well as being professional and fair to other stakeholders such as hosts.  Unfortunately it fails in this.

Airbnb are Snakes.
Na16
Level 2
Leimuiden, Netherlands

kijk als het wel om je inkomen gaat...  reserveringen verdwijnen gewoon.....