Less and Less Bookings due to the Search Algorithm!

Raiza3
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Less and Less Bookings due to the Search Algorithm!

So I have NO CLUE what to do!!! I'm so disappointed in Airbnb and so frustrated as I watch the graph of my earnings Slowly decline over time! 😞

I am a Superhost, with a 4.9 Star Rating, with Instant book on and Every month the amount of views, bookings and Income slowly decline! I have called in and very clearly stated my frustration with many a reps all of whom cannot seem to help me with this issue. They have explained everything they know to do to boost views, all of which I have already done. I am so tired and about ready to quit if something doesn't change! I stress myself out about cleaning the rooms, fixing broken, stollen or soiled items/sheets/towels, plus keeping our house clean and setup for guests and I'm making less than I would if I rented the rooms out to a full time roommate who I wouldn't have to ANY of this for! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!! 😞

4 Replies 4
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

"Fewer bookings" not less, it's a countable noun. But yes! You're right and it's a common situation for most of us hosts. I put it down to there being so many hosts these days, means more choice for guests, and therefore fewer bookings to spread out among us. We can fix it by being excellent hosts (you're doing that already) and signing up on other sites / apps, like spareroom.co.uk roomsforlet.com mrbnb.com gayhomestays.com and many more. Happy hosting 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I'm making less than I would if I rented the rooms out to a full time roommate who I wouldn't have to ANY of this for! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!”

You are not renting to a full-time roommate.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Raiza3

i am not familiar with your town but it seems to me you are not located in the city center and this could be your problem. I wrote about it in this thread look at the page 3.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/MAP-or-LISTING-VIEW-booking-frustration/m-p/876004#M2155...

of course it coud be an overload of Airbnbs in your town, slow season etc etc hard to tell...

Or try doing a web search - in the UK and the US all search on the web is using base price not inc cleaning fee. If you base price is high you will never be found 😞

i would lower base, inc cleaning fee, set max nights to 2-3. Use Twitter to ask Airbnb to accurately list total price !