Level and the see !

Den13
Level 2
Kavajë, Albania

Level and the see !

Im new here and I want to know how I can climb the levels here and how I can to see me listing to the 10 first in my country .

14 Replies 14
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Den13, I will give your post a thumbs up and you might just jump a level

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Den13 

The level thing you are refering to has nothing to do with your Airbnb business Den, it is entirely rated by your activity here on the community centre. What ranking you have here will have no effect anywhere else within Airbnb.

We all started at a level 1, and the more posts and thumbs up we get, we rise up until we get to a level 10 (although there was a French contributor here a couple of years ago who proudly stated she deserved at least a level 17)! 

To get to a level 10 you will need to have something over 80 posts here, have started a few threads and gained more than a couple of handfull of thumbs-ups. 

I don't know what the exact formula is Den, maybe nobody does, it's all tied up with algorithms! 

But I think it is safe to say, anyone here with a level 10 needs to get a 'life' and find a few other things to do with their life rather than pounding away at this keyboard! :-))

Good luck.

Cheers.......Rob

Hey @Robin4, I think the levels have more to do with the thumps up. I recently saw a user who was level 10 with only 1 post but hundreds of thumbs up. I saw another user that had over 100 posts but was still a level 3; not as maybe thumbs up I presume. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emilia42 

Oh, you could be right I have never been able to get to the bottom of it. I had felt it was a combination of activity that controlled the level, but hey, you may well be right!

Maybe this would be a good one for Lizzie to answer!

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4 

I thought it was a combination too, but then I noticed the 300 likes and 1 post but magically a level 10 . . . .

It would be good to get an official answer. I see the question come up so many times.

@Lizzie 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Den13 @Emilia42 @Robin4 

Isn't getting to Level 10 mean that some os us spend a bit of time in here??

Maybe @Sarah977 can come up with a quick witted answer!! 

@Robin4 But I think it is safe to say, anyone here with a level 10 needs to get a 'life' and find a few other things to do with their life rather than pounding away at this keyboard! :-))

My husband totally agrees with you!! 😄

Even when I try to tell him it's part of my learning of how to do this home sharing business, he just rolls his eyes.

I have learned heaps of you here on CC, so please don't you get any ideas of leaving us 😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello  @Emilia42 , @Den13 , @Helen427 and @Robin4 ,

I hope you are all good and welcome to the Community Center Den. 

Good question, so to confirm as mentioned the levels go from level 1 - 10. The way you move up the levels is based on your activity on here in the Community Center and this as you mentioned Robin, is actually based on a combination of actions. Some of these won't always be visible to other CC members, as things like reading and viewing pages contributes to this as well – but you won't be able to reach level just on one contribution! 🙂 

If you are part of any other online communities, you may have noticed that they have more levels (sometimes these have creative names), sometimes badges, is this something that might be of interest to you here? I think it would be fun to come up with some fun names for our levels! 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions around this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Den13 @Lizzie @Emilia42 @Robin4 

@Lizzie , maybe we could have a play on words of Den's Topic title, Low tide, Incoming tide, sea (see) level, high (hi)tide, Lifeguard/rescue service required 😉

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

Thanks Lizzie, I just knew it was going to be some explanation that none of us would understand! ;-))

But thanks for taking the time to tell us.

Hey Lizzie, a little bird whispered in my ear a couple of months ago that the CC was going to get a 'spellchecker'! How is that coming along, is it still in the pipeline, or have plans been shelved?

When it was mentioned I could see difficulties for contributors who's mother tongue was not English....and that probably includes the bulk of the US!! 🙂

It's all very well for us because we are a smart bunch and in most instances understand what the enquirer was asking but the spellckecker won't see it that way. I will show you what I mean by that!

Don't try to analyse what is going on here, just read it!

Spellchecker.png

My hands are getting that useless at this keyboard that many of my posts are starting to look like the text above and, a spellchecker sure would help!

Cehers.......Rob

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

@Robin4  @Den13 @Helen427 @Emilia42 @Emilia42   I gave you all a thumbs up...I am now a level 11 hehehe!  Yvonna (Toms significant other, Airbnb housekeeper, maintenance technician and the one really reading all the posts)

@Thomas1033  Yvonna 

It's Legs 11... your pinkies must've done a lot of walkin' n talkin'

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lizzie  I happen to think the entire Level thing is totally pointless. You could do away with it entirely as far as I'm concerned. There's quite enough "rating" that goes on with Airbnb. Who cares how many thumbs up someone gets, or how many times they've posted? I think all contributors are of equal value and there shouldn't be some distinction made. And many new contributors have no idea what the levels mean. I get PMs all the time from new hosts asking me something I have no clue about, as they assume because I'm at level 10, I'm some kind of expert. I usually tell them that, and that they should post their question on the forum, where they will get many responses from many hosts.

Why is there no explanation of the levels on the first page of the forum, so people don't have to waste their time asking and answering this question all the time?

Jennifer1774
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

I was about to ask this question myself as we're new hosts and I'm trying to learn!  Thanks for the explanations.  I'll be marking "thumbs up" on helpful posts going forward.  🙂